[Essay] Mumbai local train travel experience - Please check for grammatical corrections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I am here sharing one of my travel experiences in Mumbai local train. Could you please check for any grammatical errors?

Two years ago, I went to Mumbai from Chennai for an interview. I planned to go by a local train from Mumbai terminus to the interview venue as it is the most convenient travel mode in Mumbai. I was waiting at the Andheri station to the local train for a second class coach . A train arrived after 5 minutes with full of passengers. I couldn’t entered into the train as most of the compartments passengers were blocking at the entrances. The local train usually stop maximum 45 seconds in every station. I ran here and there to find a access. I couldn’t enter inside as many passenges were blocking near the door entry in most of the comparments. Finally, I found a compartment which was totally different from others. The train started moving, I ran and jumbed into the compartment. I was standing near the door entry since all the seats were occupied.

Suddenly, a tall man from the same compartment come to me with a smiling face and open mouth asked: What’s wrong with you? I said : “I have no problem sir,” then he said: “My dear, this coach is specially for handicapped passengers, wouldn’t you noticed that?” I stunned! He shown his identicard and told me that he is a Train Ticket Examiner(TTE). I replied: “I didn’t notice it due to over-crowd. I hard to get in, I am not intentionally done it. I want to go for an interview.”

When train reached next station, he hold my collar and took me to the Station Master. He asked me to pay the penalty amount of INR1000 as I travelled on the wrong coach. I was tried to cope up with some other reasons but he doesn’t listen at all. I told, I have only INR500! Then he asked: “OK, show me your money purse, I will leave you, if you have less than that amount.” I hesitated as I have enough money in my purse. He shouted with some abusive words in an attacking mood. Then, I feared and paid the whole amount.

Eventually, I took a taxi to go my interview venue. Thereafter, I completely avoided travelling in Mumbai local train at the peak hours.mumbai train.jpg

Last edited:

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
I am here sharing one of my travel experiences in Mumbai local train. Could you please check for any grammatical errors?

Two years ago, I went from Chennai to Mumbai [STRIKE]from Chennai[/STRIKE] for an interview. I planned to go there by a local train [STRIKE]to the interview venue[/STRIKE] as it is the most convenient travel mode in Mumbai. I was waiting at the Andheri station for the local train for the second class coach. A train arrived after 5 minutes with full of passengers. I couldn’t get on the train [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] as most of the compartments passengers were blocking [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] the entrances. The local train usually stops for maximum 45 seconds at each station. I ran back and forth to find an access. [STRIKE]I couldn’t enter inside as many passenges were blocking near the door entry in most of the comparments.[/STRIKE] (Repetition) Finally, I found a compartment, which was totally different from the others. The train started moving. I ran and jumped into that compartment. I was standing near the door [STRIKE]entry[/STRIKE] since all the seats were occupied.

Suddenly, a tall man from the same compartment came towards me with a smiling face and open mouth and asked: What’s wrong with you? I said: “I have no problem sir. Then he said: “My dear, this coach is [STRIKE]specially[/STRIKE] for handicapped passengers only, haven’t you noticed that?” I stunned! He showed his identity card and told me that he was a Train Ticket Examiner (TTE). I replied: “I didn’t notice it due to the overcrowded train. It was hard to get on. Sorry, it wasn’t intentional[STRIKE]ly done it[/STRIKE]. I want to go for an interview.”

When the train reached the next station, he grabbed me by my collar and took me to the stationmaster. He asked me to pay a fine of INR1000 as I had travelled on the wrong coach. I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] tried to cope up with some other reasons but he didn’t listen at all. I said, “I have only INR500!” Then he replied, “OK, show me your [STRIKE][STRIKE]money[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] purse, I will allow you to leave, if you have less than that amount.” I hesitated as I had enough money in my purse. He shouted with some abusive words in an attacking mood. Then, I was afraid and paid for that what he had asked me for.

Eventually, I took a taxi to go to my interview venue. Thereafter, I [STRIKE]completed [/STRIKE]avoided travelling on a Mumbai local train in the peak hours.

Februar
not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.