Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
United States
Title : How to make english lessons more successful.

Each time I want to enroll for new English class, I look for expert teacher who will provide me a useful and relevant language practice, and helps me to expand confidence in using English. The teacher is the most important factor that can make the class success or not. From my personal experiences, and as a student, There were so many factors can make an English language lesson successful, such as creating a fun and engaging learning environment, teacher charisma, knowledge along with the ability to deal with different level of students, and giving many types of assignment activates and homework to students.

First, creating a fun learning environment will improve student learning, create a pleasant study environment for both teacher and your students. For example, assigned collaborative assignment to students can lead numerous benefits. In small groups, students can share strengths and develop their conversation skills. Moreover, engaging students can be a challenge, but the good teacher can face that challenge by involving their students in discussions. But the teacher should be very careful and aware about that because some kind of discussions might lead to conflict or mistrust between the students themselves or even teachers; for instance, opening discussion like "Is Apple better than Samsung?," will be better than embarrassing a students by asking them, " Should illegal immigrants be deported? " . With well planned out tasks, and close observation from the teacher that can make fun in class very helpful learning experiences.

Secondly, “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” These words of Karl A. Menninger perfectly describe the importance of teachers in education. So What makes a great English language teacher?. Although, the classes marital are already chosen from the English school department, it can be helpful to bring in outside material like short stories, or YouTube videos, which are related to the class that will be so helpful. Since the teacher will be represented as a rule model for students, especially in English the teacher have to be charismatic, confident, comfortable speaking in front of the class. As a result, if the teacher is not confident about what he/she saying how the students can be self-assured. Every student has a variety of talent and needs to get right treatment. So being an expert teacher needs the capability to handle the different ability levels of students beside to preparing for what you teach.

Finally and without a doubt, Homework and assignment activates teaches students how to engage with their studies, problem solve, and think independently to improve their English. Setting homework allows students to revise content learnt during the day and gives them another opportunity to review the class material. In addition to, homework will teach how to solve problem and use outside resources like a dictionary or the Internet. As a final point, some of the effective English homework help students choose things for themselves, decide on their own, such as find the main idea for long articles, or like what we did in our class, which is every student have to make a lesson for a certain phrasal verb and teach it for a group of students. In addition, the kind of homework is also important. Since many students are listen of speak their own native language outside the class successful teacher suppose to assign a variety of assignments to his/her students, like watching movies or short video clips to keep students engaging with English even at home. Homework is allows students and teachers to work more closely together.

I now feel, after being a teacher of the group in my class and writing this essay. Being successful English teachers requires the ability to make entertaining learning can help strengthen students’ communication talents, and builds self-possession. Moreover, teaching with charisma to inspire students create their own visions about their language. Furthermore, make homework meaningful for students will carries a lot of advantages because it can help students to understanding the topic more thoughtful. Effective teachers should provide his/her students with many and varied ways of teaching to meet their need to improve their English in class along with outside class in real life.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

When are you going to submit this essay to your teacher/tutor?

almani

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
United States
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

When are you going to submit this essay to your teacher/tutor?

Hi thank you emsr2d2

I will have about 28 hours to submit.

Last edited by a moderator:

almani

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
United States
if you feel do not have much time could you focus only on 3rd,4th,5th paragraphs !

almani

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
United States

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi. Thank you, emsr2d2​.

I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] have about 28 hours to submit it.

If you feel you do not have much time, could you focus only on the 3rd, (space after a comma) 4th (no comma here) and 5th paragraphs?

[STRIKE]Plz[/STRIKE] Please help.

Then we wish you good luck with your essay. It clearly states in our guidelines and in the introduction to this section of the forum that we do not help with homework or assignments. What is the point in your teacher seeing an essay that we wrote? Your teacher needs to see how well you can do on your own so that he/she can work out where you need help.

Note my corrections to your last three posts though. You need to concentrate on your use of capitalisation, punctuation and spacing.

This thread is now closed. You can come back to us after your teacher has marked/graded your essay if there are any corrections or comments (from your teacher) which you don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.