Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Macedonian
Home Country
Macedonia
Current Location
Germany
(My friend ask me to help her for writing a letter of application for exchanging student..so i wrote this...please correct my mistakes. Thanks
My name is Katerina Andreska, student on Faculty of Pedagogy in Bitola at departure German language and literature in 3th year. My passion is German language, so that is the main reason I am interested about the international project of Erasmus +. Exactly I choose this option because You provide chances about going and upgrading the knowledge about the language in to the country which native, mother language is German. That gives me a huge number of changes to improve my level of German. When you are surrounded by native speakers, you have chance to work on your listening competition, and of course the accent which is very important for me. In summary, for me going to some foreign country where German is a native language is the best solution for improving the language, what means all the time use of it in very right way. But language of course is not the only reason for going in country like Germany. Germany is big and rich country, when I am talking about the fortune I think of the natural one. There are a lot of places that I really want to visit and learn something more about that. Like the historical places, which are almost on every single kilometer on the whole territory of Germany. About the reasons of visiting Germany I can put a lot of reasons. But visiting is not same as studying. If I was interested just for visiting of Germany I would make some vacation and visit all those famous places. For me as a future teacher, and young perspective academic person very important aspect is studying and getting closer to the educational profiles of Germany. My internet researching shows many differences between owrs (Macedonian) and German educational system. As a future teacher, I should be introduced with the European, German educational system, and maybe invent something new in our system, because it is very important to make that system better.Of course getting closer to German educational system, visiting of the famous places, direct communications with people whose native language is German, living in the country, would give me better and more real picture of their country. And culture is very important aspect in teaching and learnings, exactly there is culture in every single classroom. As in English one we must to give to the pupil real example what means English tea, English weather and words, phrases, sentences for explaining of that, also we must to the for the German classroom. The best way for that is direct connection of a teacher with the culture, so she/he will be able to present real picture to her/his pupil.Reasons are in huge number, there is no paper and pencil which can describe what all you can try to learn in Germany, but my focus is set on the Bavarian Province. Full and reach of history and culture. And of course “my dream” is located in this province, the 13th world ranged university “Ludwig Maximilian University” in Munich, or second by the number of Nobel’s prize in Germany.When I see the chance that Erasmus + project offers, I was very happy. I said to myself you must to catch this chance to study on the same university with the very popular novelist, critic Tomas Man. I made some research which shows that the ECTS by university in Munich, are accepted in my home university. But to be honest the courses, lectures and seminars that “Ludwig Maximilian University” provides are still not able in my country. That is one more reason to enjoy this opportunity. The reasons and wishes of me to be part of this mobility are infinite, and I hope that You will help me in expressing my dream. I just want to say thank you for the opportunity, in the name of all the students and I am waiting for positive answer.All the bestKaterina Andreska

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
My name is Katerina Andreska, and I'm a third-year student at the Department of German Language and Literature, Faculty of Pedagogy, Bitola University. The German language is my passion, which is the reason I am applying for the Erasmus+ programme at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU).

LMU provides excellent opportunities for international students to gain a solid understanding of the German language as well as to practice its usage in a native setting. That represents a special chance for me to improve my level of German. Surrounded by native speakers, I would have the chance to work on my listening comprehension skills, and of course to pay attention to developing my accent in German which is very important for me. In short, traveling to Germany is the best solution in my opinion for improving my German language skills.

However, language of course is not my only reason for wanting to travel to a country like Germany. Germany is a large, highly developed and prosperous country, with a rich cultural heritage. There are a lot of places that I really want to visit and learn more about, including the many historical places there. There are many reasons for me for wanting to travel to Germany. But visiting is not the same as studying. If I was interested in just visiting Germany, I would organize some vacation and visit all those famous places. For me as a future teacher and young perspective academic, a very important aspect is studying and becoming familiar with the educational system in Germany.

My research on the Internet has shown me many differences between the Macedonian and German educational systems. As a future teacher, I believe I need to learn much from the European, and particularly German, educational system, in order to improve the standard and quality of the educational system here in Macedonia. Thus, by becoming acquainted with the German educational system, directly communicating with people whose native language is German and living in Germany, I would get a better and more real grasp of the German language.

Additionally, culture is a very important aspect in teaching and learning, and I believe it is ever-present in the
classroom environment. Therefore, as a teacher, I need to be familiar with the German culture and with the natural use of its words, phrases and sentences in authentic contexts and settings. I firmly believe that I can only gain such indispensable experience through direct contact with native German speakers in Germany.

I have specifically chosen Bavaria for my place of study because of its fascinating and rich history and culture. Furthermore, LMU's consistently excellent rankings as one of the top universities in the world, and its incredible number of Nobel laureates, are all the more reason for me to aspire to join this illustrious academic institution by applying for the Erasmus + programme. It would be a great honour for me to study in the same university where the world-renowned novelist and literary critic Thomas Mann once studied.

I hope that I can be given the chance to realize my dream and study at LMU.

My sincere thanks for considering my application, and I am waiting for your favourable reply.

Yours sincerely,

Katerina Andreska.

Note: I couldn't understand what you meant by the text below. If it is not very important, then just leave it out!

[I made some research which shows that the ECTS by university in Munich, are accepted in my home university. But to be honest the courses, lectures and seminars that “Ludwig Maximilian University” provides are still not able in my country. That is one more reason to enjoy this opportunity.]

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.