• Post Thanks / Like

can you help me about calligraphy

This morning, my English teacher gave us a competition about calligraphy. Before I donít think I have some difficulties in calligraphy. But this morning, I found I was wrong. The words in my pen look ugly. I donít know how I can make them look beautiful. I asked my teachers and friends, but they just said that I should write more and more. That is OK. My question is in American how people practise their calligraphy? Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: can you help me about calligraphy

As with anything else, the secret is to practice. When I studied calligraphy, I practiced by incorporating it into my everyday life - at work, I took messages and jotted down notes using chancery cursive, and at home I used it to write down my shopping lists and personal correspondence.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: can you help me about calligraphy

Welcome.

If by "calligraphy" you mean penmanship, here's a site you'll really love! (It's free.) Click on the link below. When you get to the site, type a short sentence into the box, hit "make worksheet", and the program will generate your own personalized handwriting worksheet. You can print the sheet and trace the letters. That's one way to practise good penmanship.

http://www.handwritingworksheets.com...e-1/make-c.htm