How to learn english !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bis_hanif

Member Type
Student or Learner
hello please sumone help me in august i have to give a ESL test n they will decide my level in high school im really worried . please tell me if some one know Esl format

Veron1

Member Type
Student or Learner
:hi: Here is a little help for you:

How to master the English language - A learner looks at how he learned English.
How to become fluent in speaking and listening - A look at how you can improve these skills.
Taking Control of English - Tips on how you can speak and communicate better in English.
Learning Vocabulary [PDF] - Some suggestions about learning vocabulary
Language Tips - A selection of short tips on various aspects of the English language, with examples.

Hope that helps. ;-)

Added:

To read PDF files you need to install the free Adobe Reader software: Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions
H i
Thank you very much for that
Really

using66

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi friend !
i am from India and i can read the English but i can not speak
English because i am poor in the grammar of nglish so i want help .

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Corrections, suggestions in blue.

Hi friend !
i am from India and i can read the English but i can not speak
English because i am poor in the grammar of nglish so i want help .

Hi friend! I am from India, and I can read English, but I cannot speak English because I am poor in the grammar of English (or: English grammar), so I want help.
I think that one thing that is important is practice (BE: practise). For every new word or phrase you have to use it as often as you can so that you remember it. The more you learn the more you will have to build on.

(I have been trying to learn Spanish, and I have a lot of work ahead of me.)

:)

simbanana2006

Member Type
Student or Learner
I am a newcomer, hi everybody!

I am searching for some web pages in which I can learning E free. My E is very poor, and I want to improve my E, specially in speaking and listening.

Please kindly show me some useful web. Thanks in advance.

Regards

bhargav

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thanks for your help! I'm very happy! I hope you will have a happy life!:-D
hi Mr.China brother my adise is first you go through the fundamentals of english grammer(read simple grammer books like wrenn and martin) then go through the newspapers and read the editorials carefully and underline the words you can't understand and write down the meaning of that word in a seperate registrar with the help of a dictionary along with the sentence by doing so you can increase your vocabulary as well as grammer skills.

shehzada saleem

Member Type
Student or Learner
I'm Chinese! And I'm a student in universty! But my english is very poor! So I want to know how to learn english well! If somebody can tell me some ideas to learn english well. I will thank him/her very much !
Hello,I've done my F.A exam from Pakistan i am also poor in english now currently i am joing CPE (CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH) class from as well i've described it above.
I think u should 2 join CPE classes or u should 2 do IELTS (INTERNATIONAL ENGLSH LENGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM) hope u'd be learn english properly
u can use this book "HELP WITH GRAMMAR 1" by WILL FORSYTH SUE LAVENDER.

Dhruba

Member Type
Student or Learner

How to become fluent in speaking and writing - A look at how you can improve these skills.
Taking Control of English - Tips on how you can speak and communicate better in English.
Language Tips - A selection of short tips on various aspects of the English language, with examples.

Hope that helps. ;-)

Added:

To read PDF files you need to install the free Adobe Reader software: Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions

THANKS A LOT RED5

DHRUBA

FROM BANGLADESH

Stromgol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I think practise make the difference, during conversation, when I hear a word or any expressions I don't understand, the best way is to ask question and then you can hear explaination. Alson, I like to listen to the youtube video.

reboxer

Member Type
Student or Learner

How to become fluent in speaking and writing - A look at how you can improve these skills.

Hope that helps. ;-)

Added:

thank you so much for these links..

sarat_106

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
It has opened up several gates for learnimg English. Thank you Red5 for this useful infrmation.

English-coach

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Spain
I think that the best way to learn English (or any language) is by using it. If you throw yourself into the deep end of English and start USING it to speak to people, to make phone calls to write emails etc you learn the language while you get rid of the fear of using the lanuage. If you learn English from a book you feel safe. You are sitting in your living room on the sofa with a coffee repeating the words that you are reading or writing...thinking that you are pronouncing them correctly. You gain confience but then when you try to use English in the real world you get nervous, scared and embarassed. If you use English while you are learning it. This does not become an issue. It is a sink or swim sort or senario.

I wrote an article describing different ways you can learn English, specifically for each area of the language...listening...speaking...reading...writing. You can view that here How to Study English: Top 20 activities to do daily to learn English

Happy Learning!
Diana

Last edited:
Member Type
Student or Learner
I am Nepali and studing master in english litreture thou my english is not good in terms of using vice and verses regarding termology on human rights and i feel that my written english is also not good , so i want to hear from your side to sharp myself . :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.