[Essay] Should both parents go out to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintmint16

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Please correct and rate my essay. Thanks a lot!!!

-----------------------------------------

TASK QUESTION: In today's competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents' absence.
Discuss both these views and give your own oppinion.

-----------------------------------------
In modern world, women are no longer supposed to stay at home and take after their children like they used to do in the past. It is normal for both parents to have their own job nowadays. As a result, there is a warm controversy among people about whether both parents go out for work or they should give top priority to bring up their kids.

In my opinion, I think children from family where both parents work may have some certain advantages. First, children are taught about self-awareness and responsibility in their young age, which is really helpful in the future when they start their life without their mom and dad. For example, a child whose parents give too much concern for might be homesick or even shock when they first going far from home like studying in another cities or overseas; meanwhile, an independent kid will have no difficulty in managing their life when they have to live on their own. Second, children can also benefit from extra income if both parents has an occupation.

However, “Every coin has its two sides”. Parents’ regular absence from home can also cause consequences. Sometimes children have problems with their homework and they need their parents’ help, also children may be with bad friends and commit a crime. Moreover, there are various jobs which require going out a lot for appointments and events that parents cannot pay fully attention to their kids in many aspects such as education, health care or entertainment.

To sum up, I believe that both parents should go out to work. They must know how to keep a balance between work and family so that they will not only be a great worker with valuable contribution to the society but also be a good father and mother for their kids. (303 WORDS)

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This appears to be a school assignment. Is it?

mintmint16

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
No, it isn't :D
This is for my IELTS Training.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Isn't that still an assignment?

mintmint16

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Oh, I'm a self-learner, I just randomly pick a task and then write. There're no teachers or tutors who will correct my essay that I need your help, so I posted here :D I'm glad if you can correct it and give me some advices, thanks.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I have been wondering too, as there have been many essays purportedly posted by IELTS candidates. I understand it is a private exam for those applying to study or seek residence in English speaking countries like the UK and Australia.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
In this modern world, women are no longer supposed to stay at home and take [STRIKE]after [/STRIKE] care of their children like they used to do in the past. It is normal for both parents to have their own jobs nowadays. As a result, there is a [STRIKE]warm controversy among people [/STRIKE] current debate about whether both parents should go out for work or they should give top priority to bringing up their kids.

In my opinion, I think children from [STRIKE]family[/STRIKE] families where both parents work may have some [STRIKE]certain [/STRIKE]advantages. Firstly, children of working parents are taught about self-awareness and responsibility [STRIKE]in their[/STRIKE] at a young age, which [STRIKE]is really[/STRIKE] would be helpful for them in the future when they[STRIKE] start their life without their mom and dad[/STRIKE] have to leave home and become independent. For example, a child whose parents[STRIKE] give too much concern for[/STRIKE] care too much for [STRIKE]might[/STRIKE] would tend to be homesick or even shocked when they [STRIKE]first going far from home[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]like [/STRIKE][STRIKE]studying[/STRIKE] go to study in [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE]other cities or overseas. [STRIKE]meanwhile[/STRIKE]On the other hand, [STRIKE]an independent kid[/STRIKE] a child who has been trained to be independent will have no difficulty in managing their life when they leave home to live on their own. Secondly, children can also benefit from [STRIKE]extra[/STRIKE] a better income for the family if both parents [STRIKE]has an occupation[/STRIKE] work.

However, as the saying goes,every coin has[STRIKE] its [/STRIKE]two sides”. The working parents’ [STRIKE]regular[/STRIKE] prolonged absence from home can also [STRIKE]cause [/STRIKE] give rise to undesirable consequences. Sometimes children have problems with their homework and they need their parents’ help. Also, there is the risk of children [STRIKE]may be with bad friends [/STRIKE] being exposed to bad influence and [STRIKE]commit a crime[/STRIKE] end up committing crimes. Moreover, [STRIKE]there are various[/STRIKE] due to the demands of jobs which require parents to be out a lot [STRIKE]for appointments and events[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]parents [/STRIKE] they cannot [STRIKE]pay fully attention to[/STRIKE] have little time to spend with their kids in many aspects such as education, healthcare or [STRIKE]entertainment[/STRIKE] leisure.

To sum up, I believe that both parents should go out to work. They must know how to keep a balance between the time spent on work and their families so that they will not only be [STRIKE]a great worker[/STRIKE] good citizens who make[STRIKE] with [/STRIKE]valuable contributions to [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]society but also [STRIKE]be [/STRIKE][STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]good[STRIKE] father and mother for[/STRIKE] parents to their [STRIKE]kids[/STRIKE] children.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
- Your introduction and conclusion are off-topic.
- You give present more arguments in your second body paragraph than in the first; yet your position is for parents working! :shock:

mintmint16

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Can you please rate my essay? Which band scores do you think I can get?

Status
Not open for further replies.