Ana Laura Guest

Post I need advice with a composition

Hello,

I have to write a composition (300 to 350 words). It is my second composition at collage and I am a bit nervous. Compositions are really difficult to me. The teacher said "you are going to be a witness through a window" but I have to invent the topic. I want to be original! so I need your help.

Just an advice of what kind of topic I should do.

Thank you!!!

Ana laura.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need advice with a composition

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Laura
    Hello,
    I have to write a composition (300 to 350 words). It is my second composition at collage and I am a bit nervous. Compositions are really difficult to me. The teacher said "you are going to be a witness through a window" but I have to invent the topic. I want to be original! so I need your help.
    Just an advice of what kind of topic I should do.
    Thank you!!!
    Ana laura.
    How about looking out the garden window and seeing a jackdaw or a squirrel stealing somthing (clothes peg or milk bottle tops or some other item which has been strangely disappearing)

you could start by elaborating on the mystery and then finally getting up early one morning you witness the theft! Mystery solved. Obviously you will need to put a bit of thought into it

Ouisch is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need advice with a composition

Perhaps you happened to be glancing at your neighbor's window, and saw what appeared to be your neighbor trying to choke or injure his wife. He is behind her with his arms wrapped around her, and he's pulling her so tightly that she flops around like a rag doll. You debate whether you should notify the police and decide to mind your own business. When you see your neighbor's wife outside the next day, you're surprised, since she seems happy and uninjured. You strike up a conversation with her, and she mentions she had quite a scare last night - she had begun to choke while eating her dinner, and her husband had to perform the Heimlich maneuver on her to save her.

Don't know if this is interesting or original at all, but it popped into my head.