Member Type
Other
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Can anybody help me to revise this cover letter for a job posting? I'm not Native American and I'd like to have this letter the most possible accurate:

I was reading your new post for a Vice President of Sales of the new U.S. subsidiary and I truly believe I am the right candidate to flourish in this new venture. I believe the matching of my experience and skills with your requirements makes me the perfect candidate. I am native Italian and have been in sales for more than 20 years working for European companies (Italian and Dutch). I have abundant experience in connecting people from different cultures in an international environment, especially American and Italian.

I also have experience in the following areas: managing dealers and representatives, hands-on resolution of technical issues, organizing trips to Europe with US customers, managing on-site service for annual maintenance or major repairs.

I am ready for the next step to be the Vice President of Sales of an Italian subsidiary in U.S.

Please email me when it's the best time to call you to chat about how this could be a good match for your customer.

thank you.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I was reading your new post for a Vice President of Sales of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] your new U.S. subsidiary, and I truly believe I am the right candidate [STRIKE]to flourish in[/STRIKE] for this new position. [STRIKE]venture.[/STRIKE] I believe [STRIKE]the matching of[/STRIKE] my experience and skills match well with your requirements, and that makes me the perfect candidate for the job. I am native Italian and have been in sales for more than 20 years working for European companies (Italian and Dutch). I have abundant experience in [STRIKE]connecting[/STRIKE] working with people from [STRIKE]different[/STRIKE] various cultures in an international environment, especially American and Italian.

I also have experience in the following areas: [STRIKE]managing[/STRIKE] liaising with dealers and representatives, hands-on resolution of technical issues, organizing trips to Europe with US customers, managing on-site service for annual maintenance or major repairs.

I am ready for the next step in my career, to be the Vice President of Sales of an Italian subsidiary in the U.S.

Please email me when it's the best time to call you to chat about how this could be a good match for your customer.

Thank you.

Note: I didn't understand what you meant by the last sentence which I highlighted in blue.

giannichedda

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi Teechar

Thank you for your revision, I'm sorry I didn't say anything about the contest. I am not applying to the hiring company but via a local headhunter hired by the (Italian) company. I hope that the last sentence makes much more sense now.
Just a question; is this more a BE than AE version?

Thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Last sentence:
Please suggest a suitable time for me to call you to further discuss my application for this position.

Status
Not open for further replies.