Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone. English language competition in Russia comprises a task called Integrated listening and reading.
Participants have to listen to a lecture and read a text on the same topic, then compare the two pieces.

Here it is:

Integrated listening and reading

Read the text below, then listen to a part of the lecture on the same topic. You will notice that some ideas coincide and some differ in them.
Answer questions 16-25 by choosing A if the idea is expressed in both materials, B if it can be found only in the reading text, C if it can be found only in the audio-recording, and D if neither of the materials expresses the idea.
Circle the correct letter in your answer sheet.
Now you have 7 minutes to read the text.

(Here goes the text) The Reverend Thomas Robert Malthus was an English cleric and scholar, influential in the fieldsof political economy and demography. In 1798, he published an Essay on the Principle of Population,one of the most important but controversial works ever written on the consequences of populationgrowth...

Now listen to a part of the lecture on the same topic and then do the tasks (questions 16-25),comparing the text above and the lecture. You will hear the lecture twice.

(Questions for the task)

I would like to know if there is a similar task in any of international exams so that I can prepare for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello everyone. An English language competition in Russia [STRIKE]comprises[/STRIKE] includes a task called Integrated listening and reading.
Participants have to listen to a lecture and read a text on the same topic, then compare the two pieces.

Here it is:

[Omitted long piece]

I would like to know if there is a similar task in any of international exams so that I can prepare for it.

Welcome to the forum. I haven't seen a similar task before.

Status
Not open for further replies.