Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello, I'm new person on this forum.
A week go I started to work in new place and in this work I have to use an english language via telephone. One of my obligations is booking a hotel rooms on-line and after this I have to confirm book with phone call. I have never done this before and (as you can see ;-)) my english isn't so good, so I have one question related with this: I heard that when somebody books a hotel room and pays for it with credit card, some hotels don't take the money from the credit card, but only block this money and the person who arrive to the hotel must have money (cash) and pay for the hotel with cash. Does somebody heard about this? I don't know how to ask about this via telephone because I'm afraid of ridicule. I have wrote sentence which maybe can help me with this question, so big please: correct this if it's something wrong with this.

"I have booked a room in your hotel and I paid for this room with my credit card. I would ask do you take the money from my credit card or will I have to pay with the cash when I will arrive to the hotel?"

Thank you, and please correct my english in my whole post - I want to learn how to write correctly.
Greetings for All :)
Marti

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In the US, many hotels will reserve the room with a credit card, but offer you the choice of payment when you arrive.
You can then use a different card to pay for the room when you arrive, or pay cash.

In addition to Piscean's suggestion, you could say "Will you be charging the card used to make the reservation, or is a different form of payment expected at check-in?"

This is "American" vocabulary, so please disregard if you are using a different variety of English.

Status
Not open for further replies.