Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi! I would love if someone could help me to improve this letter that I have to send to a foreign university! Thank you!!

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to request more information about your Creative Music Technology with Film Studies course at _____University. I am extremely interested in this course and I am anxious to apply for it in your renowned university for admission in 2016.

I genuinely think this is the perfect course for me because it combines film studies with music studies. I have been searching a similar course in Spain but I have not found it.

The problem is that due the deadline application I can not present my certificate in music through ABRSM because there is not enough time for me to prepare and receive the certificate. I think I have the level that is required because I have been studying piano and musical language since I was six years old. Moreover this year I am going to take a Film Scoring course which perfectly covers the level required.

I would like to know if there is any possibility for me to demonstrate my level through a video or if there is any possibility for me to apply without an ABRSM certificate.

Thank you,

Yours faithfully,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to request more information about your Creative Music Technology with Film Studies course at _____University. I am [STRIKE]extremely[/STRIKE] highly interested in this course, and I wish to apply [STRIKE]amanxious to apply for it in your renowned university[/STRIKE] for admission starting in 2016.

I genuinely think this is the perfect course for me because it combines film studies with music studies. I have been searching for a similar course here in Spain, but I couldn't find any such suitable course.[STRIKE]have not found it.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]The problem is that[/STRIKE] However, [STRIKE]due the deadline application[/STRIKE] I can not present my ABRSM certificate in music [STRIKE]through ABRSM[/STRIKE] by the application deadline because there is not enough time for me to obtain [STRIKE]prepare and receive[/STRIKE] the certificate and make arrangements for it to be sent. I firmly believe that [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE] I have the level that is required for admission because I have been studying piano and musical notation since I was six years old. Moreover, this year I am going to take a Film Scoring course which perfectly covers the admissions levelrequired.

I would like to know if there is any possibility for me to demonstrate my level through a video or if [STRIKE]there is any possibility for me to[/STRIKE] I can apply without an ABRSM certificate.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Status
Not open for further replies.