Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Can anyone check my grammatical mistakes? Thank you.

Short Synopsis
Maari, a gangster falls in love with his partner, Sridevi but he seeks revenge on two policemen after he is accused of smuggling by the duo.

Long Synopsis
Maari is a local don and he focuses his attention completely towards pigeon race and almost gets addicted to it. During a clash, Maari transforms into a small time don. When he begins to rule his area, everything seems to be on track for Maari until meets Arjun Kumar, a police officer, decides to put an end to Maari’s dream run. How does Maari handle an intellectual police officer form, Arjun Kumar?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Can anyone check my grammatical mistakes? Thank you.

Short Synopsis
Maari, a gangster, falls in love with his partner, Sridevi, but he seeks revenge on two policemen after he is accused of smuggling by them. [STRIKE]the duo.[/STRIKE]

Long Synopsis
Maari is a local don [STRIKE]and he[/STRIKE] who focuses his attention (almost) completely [STRIKE]towards[/STRIKE] on pigeon racing and almost gets [STRIKE]addicted to[/STRIKE] obsessed with it. [STRIKE]During[/STRIKE] After a clash with a rival, Maari [STRIKE]transforms into[/STRIKE] becomes a small time don. [STRIKE]When he begins to rule his area,[/STRIKE] However, Maari gets his own territory, and everything seems to be on track for him until he meets Arjun Kumar, a police officer, who decides to put an end to Maari’s dream run. How does Maari handle [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] this intellectual police officer? [STRIKE]form, Arjun Kumar?[/STRIKE]
Note:
- You didn't mention Sridevi in the long synopsis.
- Do you mean that Arjun Kumar is "smart", "clever" or "intelligent", or do you really intend to use "intellectual" to describe him?

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Note:
- You didn't mention Sridevi in the long synopsis.
- Do you mean that Arjun Kumar is "smart", "clever" or "intelligent", or do you really intend to use "intellectual" to describe him?

Two things,

- Yes, you’re right. At the same time, I did mention two policemen in a short synopsis, but didn’t in the long, just spotted. Ok, lesson learned.
- Since he’s playing a police officer character, he is extremely smart in this movie. So, I decided to define him as “intellectual”.

Revised as below:
Maria, a local don who has his own territory, but he seeks revenge on a policeman after he is accused of smuggling by him.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I'm even more confused now!
Is Arjun Kumar the name of an actor or a fictitious character in the film?
Also, who is "Maria?"

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
I'm even more confused now!
Is Arjun Kumar the name of an actor or a fictitious character in the film?
Also, who is "Maria?"

- Vijay: Plays the role of inspector Arjun Kumar in 'Maari' (a fictitious character in the film)
- Please accept my apologies, teechar! It’s “Maari” not “Maria”. A single spelling mistakes change the whole meaning of the sentence. Today, I realized the spelling of words is very crucial in writing.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Maari, a local don who has his own territory, [STRIKE]but he[/STRIKE] seeks revenge on a policeman after [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] Maari is accused of smuggling by him.

Use "smart" or "intelligent" instead of "intellectual."

Status
Not open for further replies.