• Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Recommended Online TEFL programs

You're welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Did anyone have any experience with the following; www.teflcourse.net
    Or, did anyone you know go through the course?

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks better than most- its origins are in the Trinity course and it does seem to have some respectable people behing it. I'd still ask them for a more complete list of who recognises it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casicassie View Post
    Hello,
    I am sure this has been asked a hundred times, but I am thoroughly confused about all the online programs out there. I understand that some of them probably aren't good. But I am moving to Mexico in a few months and I would love to get certified online to teach there. I have been in contact with several agencies that place TESOL/TEFL teachers in Mexico. They told me that an online certificate would be sufficient especially since I just want to teach pre-school, kindergarten, or first grade English classes. So does anyone recommend any online programs? I am very interested in these two:
    TESOL courses/TEFL courses with INTESOL - Central Admissions
    TESOL Courses/TEFL Courses/TESOL Certification with Global English, UK
    Any other recommendations would be great, but the course has to be at least 100 hours or more. Per the agencies request of their English teachers.
    Thanks!
    -Cassie
    HI

Your not moving for a few months and while this isnt online they have plenty of locations for the courses and ways to take it.

Oxford Seminars
    Oxford Seminars - Teacher Training Certification Courses Across Canada and the US

It can be taken over 3 weekends and also offered over 2 weekends and the 5 evenings during the week. Its a 60 hour course and then have 3 separate online courses that are each 40 hours and dont take long to complete. They are known worldwide, and have a great jobsearch for the students. The classes are offered all over Canada and the U.S.

You benefit more from in person classes for the course. They have practice lessons for you to present in front of the class, you learn the variety of ways to teach the same lesson etc. 60 hours is accepted around the world as well, the extra is more of a speciality issue. Grammar, teaching children etc. Online cant provide what in person does.

Good luck in Mexico.

diana monzon is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    The other one- the College of Teachers is a well-known and long-established organisation.
    dIANA
    helloOo I'm diana and I'm writing a formal letter to complain about a restaurant can omebody help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i'm not sure about I ASKED FOR A SOUP OR I ORDERED A SOUP

ICAL_Pete is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Great Britain
      • Current Location:
      • Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diana monzon View Post
    dIANA
    helloOo I'm diana and I'm writing a formal letter to complain about a restaurant can omebody help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i'm not sure about I ASKED FOR A SOUP OR I ORDERED A SOUP
    I'm not quite sure what soups have got to do with anything here but perhaps I'm missing something...

xena1 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that the problem with online courses is that they don't give you teaching experience; however, if you can get experience by volunteer tutoring ESL or something similar, that problem is solved.

someone mentioned Oxford Seminars, but I have to say I do not recommend it. Each instructor teaches in a different way, and the one I had was terrible. The course was a complete waste of time and money, and the company is not good about responding to concerns.

ICAL_Pete is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Great Britain
      • Current Location:
      • Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xena1 View Post
    I've heard that the problem with online courses is that they don't give you teaching experience; however, if you can get experience by volunteer tutoring ESL or something similar, that problem is solved
    Yuo are spot ont there!

Even though our online courses are very much hands-on, we still encourage students who want to put into practice what they are learning to volunteer with local associations involved with ESL teaching. City Councils, Parishes and local Libraries often organize literacy programs for immigrants, for example, and volunteers are always welcome. By volunteering in a project like these you will not only contribute to your local community but you will also be able to apply TESL/TEFL theories, strategies and techniques learnt and appreciate their full value.

jetmik is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if it's relevant to you, but this website, Native Speaker may be appropriate if you on the run, but want to start out getting teaching experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casicassie View Post
    Hello,
    I am sure this has been asked a hundred times, but I am thoroughly confused about all the online programs out there. I understand that some of them probably aren't good. But I am moving to Mexico in a few months and I would love to get certified online to teach there. I have been in contact with several agencies that place TESOL/TEFL teachers in Mexico. They told me that an online certificate would be sufficient especially since I just want to teach pre-school, kindergarten, or first grade English classes. So does anyone recommend any online programs? I am very interested in these two:
    Accredited Online, Distance Learning and Onsite TESOL courses/TEFL courses with INTESOL - Central Admissions
    TESOL Courses/TEFL Courses/TESOL Certification with Global English, UK
    Any other recommendations would be great, but the course has to be at least 100 hours or more. Per the agencies request of their English teachers.
    Thanks!
    -Cassie
    hi,I rearlly hope you can teach me english and I can pay money for you.It seem it's a little hard for that.I am in China.I would like to learn english and I like english so much.Sure I hope my english is better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast