[Essay] Please check an essay for me: on Thailand's adoption process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pannakon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Here, I'm working at an associate attorney at a U.S. law firm in Thailand but my grammar skill needed a lot of improvement.
the following paragraph has its difficulty to satisfy my boss, so I would like you guy please kindly check it for me.

"For a foreign-Thai couple who desires to adopt a child in Thailand as like in your case, Mrs. & Mr. XXX, there are plenty of legal considerations that should be taken in to make a qualified decision and a good plan ahead for taking in the legal process of the adoption in Thailand which could, at least, consume half of a year to complete all the process. Hereby, this legal opinion is based on the facts given to us that the child is the niece of the Thai spouse and they both desire to adopt said child together by the adoption process in Thailand, however, adding a question that if it would be different if the Thai spouse is just the adoptive parent(s) of the child."

And thank to anyone ahead for helping me. :)
Have any question on Thailand's law, particularly, immigration law and family, please don't hesitate to ask me back as it's my reciprocity.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Is this an essay or a business letter?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
For a foreign-Thai couple who desire to adopt a child in Thailand as [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] in your case, Mrs. & Mr. XXX, there are plenty of legal considerations that should be taken into account to make a qualified decision and a good plan [STRIKE]ahead for taking in the[/STRIKE] to streamline the legal process of the adoption in Thailand which could, at least, consume half of a year to complete. [STRIKE]all the process.Hereby, this[/STRIKE] Our legal opinion given here [STRIKE]legal opinion[/STRIKE] is based on the facts given to us that the child is the niece of the Thai spouse and [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] that both adoptive parents desire to adopt said child [STRIKE]together by[/STRIKE] according to the standard adoption process in Thailand. However, adding a question that if it would be different if the Thai spouse is just the adoptive parent(s) of the child.

I could not understand your last sentence, which I've highlighted in blue.

Pannakon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
thanks teechar, the last sentence was added to have the reader know that the scope of this opinion will include that mentioned question.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
That still doesn't clarify it for me. I don't understand what you mean by "if the Thai spouse is just the adoptive parent(s) of the child."

Status
Not open for further replies.