Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Maltese
Home Country
Malta
Current Location
Malta
I am currently a student following a course in B.Sc in Biology and Chemistry at University of ___ I was delighted to find the opportunity to be part of the traineeship programme and spend my summer at such an internationally well known University, being ranked in the top 12 in the UK for Science and Engineering research power

This provides a great chance to apply the theory that I have learned throughout my two years studies at the University of ____and place it into practise. Since my course consists of two subjects, I prefer to engage in a research group that cater for both, as the ‘medicinal chemistry and drug chemistry research group’ or ‘Sustainable Chemistry’. By being part of one of your Research groups, I will definitely improve my laboratory experience and promote my Chemistry skills. I am sure that the University will provide me with a chance to learn more in depth about the particular research topic chosen and how a proper research is to be constructed and conducted.
What attracted me most to this programme was that after analysing the extensive range of different research groups that are currently present, I appreciated the level of well experienced researchers in each group, some of them even being awarded translational research prize from Cancer Research. This reassures that I will be well guided throughout my experience and that I will make sure to make the best out of this opportunity.

Furthermore the Erasmus programme is an experience which is well recognised and valuated by employers as this is an experience that will improve one’s academic and professional performance. Therefore being given a chance to be part of the Erasmus programme, and have a hand-on experience related to the area of my study, will certainly improve my chances in finding the desired employment.

I have recently become a member of the science club (S-cubed) at University of ____, to gain knowledge by participating in scientific discussions, to gain experience by attending conferences and to acquire confidence by engaging myself in several activities as live-ins and site visits. Moreover, as can be found attached, I have also taken extra-curricular courses offered by the University of _____. These include Introduction to International Development Cooperation and Introduction to LaTeX. Presently, I am also following the courses of Fire safety, First Aid and Health and Safety
All in all, I am eager to learn and improve therefore this exchange will help me to grow personally and will serve great for future reference. However I consider myself in being a determined and an energetic student who I would be a beneficial addition to the research groups present.

Thank you in advanced for your consideration and I am grateful for offering me a chance to participate in the Erasmus traineeship programme at your University.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Will your standard/level of English be taken into account when they decide whether or not to offer you a place on the Erasmus traineeship programme?

cspi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Maltese
Home Country
Malta
Current Location
Malta

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In that case, it would be very unfair of us to assist with us. You will be in competition with other applicants so everyone's standard of English will be taken into account (along with other factors).
We can't help with such letters.
I have removed the duplicate copy of this post. Please don't post the same thing in two different threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.