Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I send emails to you, teachers?

I have a new manuscript in English and want to seek a language expert here for comment its English expressions. Would you like to help me, teacher? If you like, send me your email to me, please. :)

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can I send emails to you, teachers?

Quote Originally Posted by wpqin
    I have a new manuscript in English and want to seek a language expert here for comment its English expressions. Would you like to help me, teacher? If you like, send me your email to me, please. :)
    First of all, I assume by "I have a new manuscript" that it is something you have written. As for comments or corrections, I can't speak for anybody else, but I won't respond to emails unless they are from somebody I am already acquainted with. Post any specific questions here, and I will do what I can to help.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can I send emails to you, teachers?

Comments and corrections:

I have written a manuscript in English and I wish to have a language expert comment on its English expressions. Would you like to help me, teacher? If you would like, please send me your email address.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear RonBee:
    Thank you very much for your response to my request as well as your corrections to my illness expressions.
    I really need help, not only for this manuscript is very important to me, but also becuase I almost ensure that it can not be received in its present state. As a long and unpublished document, I don't want to paste it at any public area. That's why I need an English expert's email address here.

Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost every message here has an email button and a private message (PM) button, and as a registered user you already have access to them.

If one of the teachers accepts the task, it should be simple for you to send it to them in private.

Any problems, let me know by PM.
    Red5
    Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear RonBee:
    Thank you very much for your response to my request as well as your corrections to my illness expressions.
    Those are some interesting metaphors. I do know I suggested some revisions, but I don't think I really "touched" your metaphors. In any case, you're welcome.

I really need help, not only for this manuscript is very important to me, but also becuase I almost ensure that it can not be received in its present state.
    Try:
    "I really need help, not only because this manuscript is very important to me, but also because I am almost sure that it cannot be received in its present state." (You can also use "can not", as you have.)

As a long and unpublished document, I don't want to paste it at any public area. That's why I need an English expert's email address here.
    Try:
    "Since it is a long and unpublished document, I don't want to post it on a public forum. That's why I need an English expert's email address."

I'm not sure what to tell you. For one thing, I am not sure whether your concern is plagiarism or privacy. Certainly, sending something to somebody by email is no guarantee of protection in either case. Certainly, on the forum you can be sure of not revealing your real name.

It seems to me that what you are talking about would involve a lot of work. I am quite sure that I am not willing to make that kind of commitment. However, if you post your manuscript here a little at a time then everybody can help.

Post Thanks / Like

"touched" your metaphors
    It means......?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was merely referring to your sentences in which you referred to your manuscript as "sick" or something like that. I didn't suggest any changes to that. Oddly, I do not see them now. I know it's not just my imagination though, because in a previous post you thanked me for my help with your "illness" expressions. I also remarked that those were some interesting metaphors. Hm. Anyway, that clears that up, I hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    that clears that up, I hope.

= I hope that I have explained it clearly, right?

"that clears that up" sounds good, could you talk more about the phrase?

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Teacher:

Here are the sentence with problems and the one I corrected. Do you think the latter right?

Meanwhile, research on cavitation bubble collapse and emission in liquids has also focused strongly on its mechanism for its attractive and still leaving in unclear.

Meanwhile, research on cavitation bubble collapse and emission in liquids has also focused strongly on their mechanisms for which are attractive and still leaving in unclear.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast