Post Thanks / Like

Wink Kindly Check My Grammar....thanks!

I'M ABOUT TO SEND THIS LETTER TO MY AUNT. I WROTE IT IN ENGLISH BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO PRACTICE WRITING IN THIS LANGUAGE. PLEASE HELP ME. KINDLY CHECK MY GRAMMAR. HERE'S THE MESSAGE:
    Hello Aunty,
    How are you now?!!
    It's been a long time since I've seen you online ...well ....I guess you are fully occupied in your work...especially being a wife...! How's Uncle Tom? kindly give my regards to him. Congrats to both of you!!!
    By the way, Grandpa called up yesterday, They were having a hard time because of the failure of an electrical supply in our province. They were experiencing total blackout. I think it's an aftereffect of last month's typhoon........ that storm wreaked vast destruction in our place. Even our house near the rice field was also ruined! They build a small nipa hut for the care taker but it's for temporary use only. The cell sites were also affected that's why they have to use a metallic piece or the antenna to be able to receive phone signals, but the problem is.....the antenna that grandpa is using was also damaged....to cut the story short, grandpa is asking for a financial help, "if it's ok with you". According to him, he can't do anything with regards to the blackout & it's ok though they can't watch news etc.....but what really bothers him is....he can't contact us & we can't get in touch with them either because there's no signal in their place. He needs to fix the antenna & the house near the rice field .He'll be needing 15,000 but the sad fact is, he doesn't have enough money to pursue his plans.
    It would be possible to call his mobile phone whenever he's in a high places with signals like in the rice field, but he seldom go there now.... if you want, you may just reply to this email and i'l just relay your message to him when he calls back....grandpa is waiting for your response. Thanks!
    Have a nice day Aunty!
    CHEERIO!!!

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kindly Check My Grammar....thanks!

Hello Mitang,

Welcome

Hope I am correct in correcting your mistakes.But make sure you check with the teachers again to confirm.Let me take a try

Hello Aunty,

How are you?It's been a long time since I've seen you online.Well,I guess you are fully occupied in your work especially being a new bride.How's Uncle Tom?Kindly convey my regards to him.Congrats to both of you!

By the way,grandpa called up yesterday.They were having hard time because of the failure of the electrical supply in the province.They were experiencing total blackout.I think it's the aftereffect of last month's typhoon where the storm wreaked vast destruction in our place.Even our house near the rice field was ruined!They have built a small nipa hut for the care taker but it's for temporary use only.The cell sites were also affected that's why they have to use a metallic piece or the antenna to receive phone signals.

But the problem is,the antenna that grandpa is using was also damaged.To cut the story short,grandpa is asking for financial help from you,"if it's ok with you".He can't do anything because of the blackout.It's fine with him even he counldn't watch news but it bothers when he is unable to keep contact with us nor do we can with him as there's no signal in their place.He needs to fix the antenna and the house near the rice field.In order to do that he would be needing 15,000.But the sad fact is he dosen't have enough money to pursue his plans unless your help.

It is possible to call his mobile phone when he's in high places,where signals are available,like in the rice fields.But he seldom goes there now.So,you may just reply to this e-mail and I'll just relay your message to him when he calls back.Grandpa is waiting for your response.Thanks.

Have a nice day!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Thanks Fuzzu

Thanks for your help FAZZU
    I really appreciate it.
    Bless you!

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

But make sure teachers correct you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fazzu
    Hello Mitang,
    Welcome
    Hope I am correct in correcting your mistakes.But make sure you check with the teachers again to confirm.Let me take a try
    Hello Aunty,
    How are you?It's been a long time since I've seen you online.Well,I guess you are fully occupied in your work especially being a new bride.How's Uncle Tom?Kindly convey my regards to him.Congrats to both of you!
    By the way,grandpa called up yesterday.They were having hard time because of the failure of the electrical supply in the province.They were experiencing total blackout.I think it's the aftereffect of last month's typhoon where the storm wreaked vast destruction in our place.Even our house near the rice field was ruined!They have built a small nipa hut for the care taker but it's for temporary use only.The cell sites were also affected that's why they have to use a metallic piece or the antenna to receive phone signals.
    But the problem is,the antenna that grandpa is using was also damaged.To cut the story short,grandpa is asking for financial help from you,"if it's ok with you".He can't do anything because of the blackout.It's fine with him even he counldn't watch news but it bothers when he is unable to keep contact with us nor do we can with him as there's no signal in their place.He needs to fix the antenna and the house near the rice field.In order to do that he would be needing 15,000.But the sad fact is he dosen't have enough money to pursue his plans unless your help.
    It is possible to call his mobile phone when he's in high places,where signals are available,like in the rice fields.But he seldom goes there now.So,you may just reply to this e-mail and I'll just relay your message to him when he calls back.Grandpa is waiting for your response.Thanks.
    Have a nice day!
    It's very good, Fazzu, but there are still a couple of errors:

"Hello Aunty,
    How are you?It's been a long time since I've seen you online.Well,I guess you are fully occupied in your work, especially now you are a new bride.How's Uncle Tom?Kindly convey my regards to him.Congrats to both of you!
    By the way,grandpa called up yesterday.They are having a hard time because of the failure of the electrical supply in the province.They have experienced a total blackout.I think it's the after-effects of last month's typhoon when the storm wreaked vast destruction in our place.Even our house near the rice field was ruined!They have built a small nipa hut for the caretaker but it's for temporary use only.The cell sites were also affected and that's why they have to use a piece of metal or an antenna to receive phone signals.
    But the problem is,the antenna that grandpa is using was also damaged.To cut a long story short,grandpa is asking for financial help from you,"if it's ok with you".He can't do anything because of the blackout. He doesn't mind not being able to watch the news, but it bothers him that he is unable to keep in contact with us, nor we with him, as there's no signal in their place.He needs to fix the antenna and the house near the rice field.In order to do that he will need 15,000.But the sad fact is he doesn't have enough money to pursue his plans without your help.
    It is possible to call his mobile phone when he's in high places,where signals are available,like in the rice fields.But he seldom goes there now.So, you could just reply to this e-mail and I'll just relay your message to him when he calls back.Grandpa is waiting for your response.Thanks.
    Have a nice day!"

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh,that's a lot of mistakes!But I have learnt and corrected my grammar errors now.Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitang View Post
    I'M ABOUT TO SEND THIS LETTER TO MY AUNT. I WROTE IT IN ENGLISH BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO PRACTICE WRITING IN THIS LANGUAGE. PLEASE HELP ME. KINDLY CHECK MY GRAMMAR. HERE'S THE MESSAGE:
    Hello Aunty,
    How are you now?!!
    It's been a long time since I've seen you online ...well ....I guess you are fully occupied in your work...especially being a wife...! How's Uncle Tom? kindly give my regards to him. Congrats to both of you!!!
    By the way, Grandpa called up yesterday, They were having a hard time because of the failure of an electrical supply in our province. They were experiencing total blackout. I think it's an aftereffect of last month's typhoon........ that storm wreaked vast destruction in our place. Even our house near the rice field was also ruined! They build a small nipa hut for the care taker but it's for temporary use only. The cell sites were also affected that's why they have to use a metallic piece or the antenna to be able to receive phone signals, but the problem is.....the antenna that grandpa is using was also damaged....to cut the story short, grandpa is asking for a financial help, "if it's ok with you". According to him, he can't do anything with regards to the blackout & it's ok though they can't watch news etc.....but what really bothers him is....he can't contact us & we can't get in touch with them either because there's no signal in their place. He needs to fix the antenna & the house near the rice field .He'll be needing 15,000 but the sad fact is, he doesn't have enough money to pursue his plans.
    It would be possible to call his mobile phone whenever he's in a high places with signals like in the rice field, but he seldom go there now.... if you want, you may just reply to this email and i'l just relay your message to him when he calls back....grandpa is waiting for your response. Thanks!
    Have a nice day Aunty!
    CHEERIO!!!
    Hello Aunty,
    How are you now?!!
    It's been a long time since I last sawyou online ...well ....I guess you are fully occupied with your work...especially being a wife...! How's Uncle Tom? kindly give my regards to him. Congrats to both of you!!!
    By the way, Grandpa called up yesterday, He was having a hard time because of electric failure at our province. They were experiencing total blackout. I think it's an aftereffect of last month's typhoon........ that storm wreaked vast destruction in our place. Even our house near the rice field was also ruined! They are building a small nipa hut for the caretaker but it's for temporary use only. The cell sites were also affected that's why they have to use a metallic piece or an antenna to be able to receive phone signals, but the problem is.....the antenna that grandpa is using was also damaged....to cut the story short, grandpa is asking for a financial help, "if it's ok with you". According to him, he can't do anything wiregarding the blackout & it's ok though they can't watch news etc.....but what really bothers him is....he can't contact us & we can't get in touch with him because there's no signal in his place. He needs to fix the antenna & the house near the rice field .He needs 15,000 but the sad fact is, he doesn't have enough money to pursue his plans.
    It would be possible to call his mobile phone whenever he's in a high places with signals like in the rice field, but he seldom goes there now.... if you want, you may just reply to this email and i'll just convey your message to him when he calls back....grandpa is waiting for your response. Thanks!
    Have a nice day Aunty!
    CHEERIO!!!