Academic
Native Language
Marathi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi,
Could anybody plaese review my SOP for MIS fall 2016.

Thanks in Advance.

Sometimes opportunity knocks. Other times it sends you an offer letter and a plane ticket from across the country. I was excited and terrified at the same time as I was leaving my hometown Mumbai to join Cognizant office in Hyderabad. To add to the excitement, I got a chance to work at Microsoft office on a Mater data management application as Software developer. During knowledge sharing sessions, I was amazed by the astuteness of business rules governing a huge amount of data. Enterprise data was pulled from many systems and used to generate master data as a single reference point across many geographies and functional areas. Due to the frequent interactions with the business team, I gained a lot of insights on different aspects of Information systems such as business rules, enterprise architecture and data migration. After working on this project for a year now, I am truly inspired to pursue a career in the field of Information systems.

I completed my undergraduate degree in Instrumentation engineering from University of Mumbai. The nature of the coursework was quite diverse as it included variety of subjects like Embedded systems, Computer programming, Control systems. Having interest in Artificial intelligence, I chose Expert systems as elective in final year. During four years of undergraduate study, I realized that I was more inclined towards the subjects with Analytical understanding than the subjects that required more synthetic approach. After graduation, I wanted to work in a profession that would help me explore my logical abilities and utilize them efficiently. During Computer programming lectures in college, I discovered that I have a natural talent for coding owing to my habit of solving puzzles. I wanted to hone my problem solving skills further by taking up programming professionally.

So after graduation, I joined professional training academy for programming and simultaneously started working with a startup company named Earthbenign to gain practical exposure. Working with a startup helped me understand the foundations of setting up an organization and to work with the minimum resources available. Upon completion of my training, I started to look for a job in IT firms across Mumbai. Despite of having a sound knowledge on web technologies, I faced a few rejections in the start for not having prior professional experience. Instead of letting it be a deterrent, I used it as a stimulant to learn more technologies. My incessant efforts landed me a job in a leading MNC in E-learning sector named Hurix systems.

In my two and a half years of experience as a software developer, I acquired expertise in many web technologies and development practices. Working in collaboration with Business operations team, I got a chance to experience many aspects of project management such as SDLC, resource planning and agile development. I was influenced to take up a graduate study in business management but at the same time I did not want to lose touch with programming. When I came across the course in MIS, I was delighted to know that the coursework would have business subjects as well as a heavy technical component. Such an interdisciplinary program would give me a unique edge over core business management programs.

Many universities in the United States have made in the list of best schools for MIS program. What sets apart MS in MIS course at University at Buffalo is its job-shadowing program and MIS practicum course. The MIS course at UB provides you an exposure to business environment as well as internship course in the final term to get a hands-on experience on the acquired skills. Apart from the curriculum, the student association organizes facility tours and career strategy meetings to make an informed decision about career options. I believe that the facilities at UB would prepare me in every aspect to accomplish my career goals.

After completion of course, I want to pitch myself in the role of a systems analyst. My software development experience along with the business skills learned during the course would help me act as a liaison between business and engineering teams. I am confident that I possess necessary talent and inspiration to achieve a great success in this program and bring honor to UB an exemplary alumnus.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Sometimes opportunity knocks. Other times it sends you an offer letter and a plane ticket from across the country. I was excited and terrified at the same time as I was leaving my hometown, Mumbai, to join Cognizant's office in Hyderabad. To add to the excitement, I got a chance to work at Microsoft [STRIKE]office[/STRIKE] on a [STRIKE]Mater[/STRIKE] master data management application as software developer. During knowledge-sharing sessions, I was amazed by the astuteness of business rules governing huge amounts of data. Enterprise data was pulled from many systems and used to generate master data as a single reference point across many geographies and functional areas. Due to the frequent interactions with the business team, I gained a lot of insights on different aspects of information systems such as business rules, enterprise architecture and data migration. After working on this project for a year now, I am truly inspired to pursue a career in the field of information systems.

I completed my undergraduate degree in instrumentation engineering [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] at the University of Mumbai. The nature of the coursework was quite diverse as it included a variety of subjects like Embedded Systems, Computer Programming and Control Systems. Having an interest in Artificial Intelligence, I chose Expert Systems as my elective in the final year. During the four years of my undergraduate study, I realized that I was more inclined towards the analytical subjects [STRIKE]with Analytical understanding[/STRIKE] than the subjects that required a more synthetic approach. After graduating, [STRIKE]on,[/STRIKE] I wanted to work in a profession that would help me explore my [STRIKE]logical abilities[/STRIKE] newly acquired skills and utilize them efficiently. During computer programming lectures in college, I discovered that I have a natural talent for coding owing to my [STRIKE]habit of[/STRIKE] interest in solving puzzles. [STRIKE]I wanted to hone my problem solving skills further by taking up programming professionally.[/STRIKE]

So after graduating, [STRIKE]on,[/STRIKE] I joined a professional training academy for programming and simultaneously started working with a startup company named Earthbenign to gain practical experience. [STRIKE]exposure.[/STRIKE] Working with that startup helped me understand the foundations of setting up an organization and to work with the minimum resources available. Upon completion of my training, I started [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] looking for a job in IT firms across Mumbai. Despite [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] having a sound knowledge [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] of web technologies, I faced a few rejections [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at the start for not having prior professional experience. Instead of letting it be a deterrent, I used it as a [STRIKE]stimulant[/STRIKE] motivator to learn more technologies. My [STRIKE]incessant[/STRIKE] persistent efforts landed me a job [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] with Hurix Systems - a leading MNC in the E-learning sector. [STRIKE]named Hurix systems.[/STRIKE]

In my two and a half years of experience as a software developer, I acquired expertise in many web technologies and development practices. Working in collaboration with the business operations team, I got a chance to experience many aspects of project management such as SDLC, resource planning and agile development. I [STRIKE]was influenced[/STRIKE] wanted to take up a graduate study in business management, but at the same time I did not want to lose touch with programming. When I came across the course in MIS, I was delighted to know that the coursework [STRIKE]would have[/STRIKE] has business subjects as well as a heavy technical component. Such an interdisciplinary program [STRIKE]would give me[/STRIKE] has a unique edge over[STRIKE]core[/STRIKE] pure business management programs.

Many universities in the United States [STRIKE]have made in the list of[/STRIKE] are among the best schools for MIS programs. What sets [STRIKE]apart MS in MIS course at[/STRIKE] the University at Buffalo's course apart is its job-shadowing program and MIS practicum course. The MIS course at UB provides [STRIKE]you an[/STRIKE] exposure to the business environment as well as an internship course in the final term to get hands-on experience [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the acquired skills. Apart from the curriculum, I also like the fact that the student association organizes facility tours and career strategy meetings for students to make [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] informed decisions about their career options. I believe that the facilities at UB would prepare me in every aspect to accomplish my career goals.

After [STRIKE]completion of[/STRIKE] completing the course, I want to [STRIKE]pitch myself in the role of[/STRIKE] work as a systems analyst. My software development experience along with the business skills learned during the course would help me act as a liaison between business and engineering teams. I am confident that I possess the necessary talent and inspiration to achieve great success in this program and bring honor to UB as an exemplary alumnus.

Akshay0704

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Marathi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thanx a lot @teechar. Cant thank you enough for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.