• American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

eric2004 Guest

Sir Ron, you're always so kind.
    Sorry to reply you so late because I have been ready to gather VISA materials of mine recently.
    I'm almost worn out now. Crying. It's very trivial to do such things. So after your Christmas I'm gonna come back to BOTHER you. xixi. Have a nice Christmas, dear Sir.

And thanks that you help me find such useful website. It's amazing.
    I found I rarely used such resources online. 5555, how stupid and lazy I am.

Anyway, merry Christmas.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas and see you afterwards.

claude Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Chinese
    Hi, do you wanna know a chinese guy me?
    btw, can you see me?
    As a Chinese origin, I hate to say but I must say a few words. This forum is supposed to invite anyone interested in learning English to post questions about English. To seek love, I think ICQ is more appropriate.

My friend, I am sorry for my bluntness!
    couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by ronbee
    eric2004 wrote:
    I will tell you culture of China sometimes. Xixi. you would have a surprise probably. Very different. If you never heard something in China, you would be shocked. haha.

Shock me.
    actually, i was already shocked by your conversation.

eric2004, you are the most shameless thing i have ever seen, i am so glad that you will not a Chinese anymore. " you are about to(just back to your topic) to have the hornor to be an american or british or whatever, wish you have that hornor soon, here my congratulations in advance"

well, be about to do sth. means it will happen very soon, according the words of teachers who had teached you here, that would be very nice, the sooner, the better.

all others, if you really wanna discover the true china without any prejudice, but not gossip with a shameless 2 time looser, please come to china and have a tour by yourself, the truth only can be discovered by your own eyes, or i suggest that you may ask your friends whom have been to china and you always trust to tell you something about china, as that poor clown is concerned, only can tell you funny joke.

well, i mean no offense, i just come here to learn english, i am not interested in politics at all. so, please correct my enlglish mistakes if there is any, claude will appreciate that very much.

good luck, buddis, have a nice christmas!

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claude

eric2004, you are the most shameless thing i have ever seen, i am so glad that you will not a Chinese anymore. " you are about to(just back to your topic) to have the hornor to be an american or british or whatever, wish you have that hornor soon, here my congratulations in advance"

well, be about to do sth. means it will happen very soon, according the words of teachers who had teached you here, that would be very nice, the sooner, the better.

all others, if you really wanna discover the true china without any prejudice, but not gossip with a shameless 2 time looser, please come to china and have a tour by yourself, the truth only can be discovered by your own eyes, or i suggest that you may ask your friends whom have been to china and you always trust to tell you something about china, as that poor clown is concerned, only can tell you funny joke.

well, i mean no offense, i just come here to learn english, i am not interested in politics at all. so, please correct my enlglish mistakes if there is any, claude will appreciate that very much.

Eric was only asking for help with his conversational skills (not that I'm the one to ask). I don't see anything shocking about that, but maybe I am missing something.

Say: "I am glad that you will not be Chinese anymore." In any case, I suspect that it is not easy to stop being Chinese. Also, I don't think Eric wants to do that (not that I can speak for him.)

Say: "teachers who have taught you...." (Teach is an irregular verb: teach, taught, has taught, have taught, is teaching, was teaching.)

I suspect that there is more than one "true China". It's a big country, isn't it? :wink:

It's two-time loser.

Say: "the truth can only be discovered with your own eyes...."
    Say: "I suggest that you may ask your friends who have been to China." (I probably wouldn't use may there.)

If Eric can tell funny jokes in English that is actually quite an accomplishment. One of the hardest things for ESL learners is to understand jokes in English. If he can not only understand jokes but also tell them then he must be quite advanced. So it would seem that you have paid him a compliment. :wink:

Re:
    • well, i mean no offense, i just come here to learn english, i am not interested in politics at all. so, please correct my enlglish mistakes if there is any, claude will appreciate that very much.

Try:
    Well, I mean no offense. I just come here to learn English. I am not interested in politics at all. So, please correct my English mistakes if there are any. Claude would appreciate that very much.

What do you think?

:)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eric2004
    Sorry to reply you so late because I have been ready to gather VISA materials of mine recently.
    Do you mean you have been gathering visa materials? Anyhow, I'm always glad to help.

:D

TTYL

claude Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee

Eric was only asking for help with his conversational skills (not that I'm the one to ask). I don't see anything shocking about that, but maybe I am missing something.

Say: "I am glad that you will not be Chinese anymore." In any case, I suspect that it is not easy to stop being Chinese. Also, I don't think Eric wants to do that (not that I can speak for him.)

Say: "teachers who have taught you...." (Teach is an irregular verb: teach, taught, has taught, have taught, is teaching, was teaching.)

I suspect that there is more than one "true China". It's a big country, isn't it? :wink:

It's two-time loser.

Say: "the truth can only be discovered with your own eyes...."
    Say: "I suggest that you may ask your friends who have been to China." (I probably wouldn't use may there.)

If Eric can tell funny jokes in English that is actually quite an accomplishment. One of the hardest things for ESL learners is to understand jokes in English. If he can not only understand jokes but also tell them then he must be quite advanced. So it would seem that you have paid him a compliment. :wink:

Re:
    • well, i mean no offense, i just come here to learn english, i am not interested in politics at all. so, please correct my enlglish mistakes if there is any, claude will appreciate that very much.

Try:
    Well, I mean no offense. I just come here to learn English. I am not interested in politics at all. So, please correct my English mistakes if there are any. Claude would appreciate that very much.

What do you think?

Thank you, Ronbee, Thanks for your quick response and generous correcting. You are so nice an English teacher.

And eric, I meant no offense to you or whoever else, you absolutely have your right to say or to do whatever you want to, yes, "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."

Quite right, Everyone nomatter whether he is Chinese or American, has his right to criitisize the government or even object to his government, but, None can abuse this right to attack other people, that is immoral or even illegal.

I, a pure Chinese, NOT 'shit youth' or nazi as eric has mentioned in his above posts, I, a pure Chinese, NOT an anti-america or anti-western or anti-whatever else, on the contrary, I am interested your culture, I am fond of your wonderful hollywood movies (French who always think hollywood movies are not cultured or cultivated may take exception to this, and they always insist on refusing speak English :wink: ), and I also respect your advanced science and tech achievement.

I am learning your language now, I think Both Chinese and English are the most great language, both the culture or philosophy system of Western and China are the most great as well, but, WHY there are always so much prejudice against each other? the modern technology and science enable us to overcome the obstacles the restriction of geography limitation, but it can not open our mind, there are still some obstacles we have not overcome yet, I think we, both Western and Asian, must open our MIND while we are openning our eyes.

Language is a wonderful bridge to reach each other's history, culture and philosophy, Communication is a good key to eliminate misunderstanding and hatred.

Thanks Internet, it makes all this more easier. though just as the coin has two sides, Internet is still a good tool to spread rumors.

Thanks all English Teachers here, you guid us through the bridge and give us the keys, that is the first step to access our free communication, teacher is really an honorable job. Thanks for whatever you have done to us.

Well, I am too pompous and I'v blah,blahed too much, I must stop at here. :wink:

farmer Guest

I am new here. I want to introduce myself. I am a pure chinese and I am proud of I am. I come from shanghai and live in Japan and canada for many years, but I still can't speak english well because of my poor language ability.

For example, if you don't praise communists in China, you will get no permission to enter into university or get Master degree.
    I got Master degree, and I didn't have to join any organizations.
    I born in a very poor family, I got scholarship from school and finished my college study.

Immigration policy of American is not esay for Chinese, I don't know why. I think Bush should have forbidden Arab rather than Chinese.
    Oh, my God!! I don't think you have the rights to discriminate Arab.
    I think we should respect all the human culture, including Arab culture, USA culture is only one part of the human culture.

towards "Patriotism" which means they only can criticize foreign countries. Sometimes China government would intentionally stir up it because it can devert chinese attention from civil corruption and authoritarian policy to "Patriotism".
    All those rules about "Patriotism" can also apply to america, Japan, and other countries.
    I just think the medias in america, Japan are strongly controlled by government, aren't?
    And Teacher Ron, with his good willing, great misfortune, has been brainwashed by USA government, think that the iraq people welcomed the attack form USA, .... just as I have seen in a Japan news, which said that iraq people welcomed the arriving of "Japan Self-Defense Forces", but the slogan written by iraq people in arab language was just "welcome the investment from Japan", not "welcome Japan Self-Defense Forces", a person come from Japan translated it into "welcome Japan Self-Defense Forces" in Japanese, and an iraq person walked in the street by holding this slogan who didn't know the true meaning had been changed.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Ronbee, Thanks for your quick response and generous correcting. You are so nice an English teacher.

And eric, I meant no offense to you or whoever else, you absolutely have your right to say or to do whatever you want to, yes, "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."

Quite right, Everyone nomatter whether he is Chinese or American, has his right to criitisize the government or even object to his government, but, None can abuse this right to attack other people, that is immoral or even illegal.

I, a pure Chinese, NOT 'shit youth' or nazi as eric has mentioned in his above posts, I, a pure Chinese, NOT an anti-america or anti-western or anti-whatever else, on the contrary, I am interested your culture, I am fond of your wonderful hollywood movies (French who always think hollywood movies are not cultured or cultivated may take exception to this, and they always insist on refusing speak English :wink: ), and I also respect your advanced science and tech achievement.

I am learning your language now, I think Both Chinese and English are the most great language, both the culture or philosophy system of Western and China are the most great as well, but, WHY there are always so much prejudice against each other? the modern technology and science enable us to overcome the obstacles the restriction of geography limitation, but it can not open our mind, there are still some obstacles we have not overcome yet, I think we, both Western and Asian, must open our MIND while we are openning our eyes.

Language is a wonderful bridge to reach each other's history, culture and philosophy, Communication is a good key to eliminate misunderstanding and hatred.

Thanks Internet, it makes all this more easier. though just as the coin has two sides, Internet is still a good tool to spread rumors.

Thanks all English Teachers here, you guid us through the bridge and give us the keys, that is the first step to access our free communication, teacher is really an honorable job. Thanks for whatever you have done to us.

Well, I am too pompous and I'v blah,blahed too much, I must stop at here. :wink:
    Well, I really don't think that Eric can speak for China or the Chinese people. He can do that no more than I can speak for my country or my people. He can, of course, state his opinion. Others, it is clear, may disagree with his opinions. I do think that it is possible that what is true in one part of the country might not be true in another part of the country. Thus, it is possible that Eric is right and those who disagree with him are also right. (It is, I think, at least a possibility.)

I must admit that I am somewhat surprised that there are some Chinese with animus towards Americans. However, I think that to the extent that that is true it is because of politics. I do think that the reverse is not true. That is, I think it is fair to say that Americans do not hate Chinese people at all. Frankly, I think most Americans don't know much about China. Any feelings Americans do have about the Chinese people are almost invariably positive. The Chinese people are largely thought of as people who work hard, study hard, and value education highly. Those are things that elicit admiration.

I know I haven't responded to everything you said. I'll try to get around to it. (I'll offer any "corrections" in a later post.)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

May I ask what is meant by "pure Chinese"?

I don't think Eric said anything about "shit youth" or Nazis. (I suppose I could have missed something, but I don't think I did.)

It is certainly true that much can be found on the Internet. But ,of course, just because something can be found on the Internet that doesn't mean that it is true.

Re:
    • "Thanks all English Teachers here, you guid us through the bridge and give us the keys"

That should be either "across the bridge" or "over the bridge". (What kind of a bridge is that? ) Are those the keys to understanding?

(Say: "Thanks to the Internet")
    (Say: "Thank you for your quick response and generous corrections")
    (Say: " it can not open our minds")
    (Say: "Thanks to all the English teachers here')

You are actually doing quite well. Your English is much better than my Chinese will ever be.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast