[Essay] please can you grade and check my toefl essay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamal7214

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hey everyone,

I'm preparing for my toefl exam and I want someone to give me a feedback on my writing also to score me. thanks in advance

Q: agree or disagree?
life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.

A:
A lot of people might say back then when our grandparents were children life would be easier. Relationship were less complicated, you would not have to worry about your career, etc. But I think life today is more comfortable and easier and in the following I will provide my reasons.
First, Nowadays we have better and more technology they did not have. Our technology have improved a lot in comparison to sixty or seventy years ago. Things like GPS, Mobile, Electronic car were not existed until very recently and they have change the world. for example our communication had became so much simpler and easier. we can talk to each other 23 hours a day, seven days a week. we can Use GPS to locate each other and use that kind of technology to find lost people in woods or lost ship in oceans.
In addiotion to better technology we have computers and robotic science that are more complicated than sixty years ago. Computer science is a base science like Math or chemistry now. We use computer in every aspect of our life. For example we use them for simulation in architectery or use them to build an automation system for governmental use or even use super computer to do math that a single human can not do in his or her entire life. Another use of computer is in robotic. Now we have cleaning robot that can clean entire house without any help, or we have rescue robots, we use them to locate the target and rescue him or her. In addition to robots, we can not forget computer.

Finally, Internet is another reason. It made our life much easier. We can simply find anything we want in internet. Use to communicate each other .There is no student who have not use sites like wikipedia or google to do his or her homework. Universities uses internet to have online courses for students all around the world to make education easier.
To sum, more and better technology, significant improvement in computer science and internet are my reasons to think life now is easier and more comfortable than sixty or seventy years ago.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
For starters, there is no such thing as "a feedback".

So you might want to change that.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think your writing is about average. Frankly, that means there are lots of errors.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You need to make more paragraphs.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Life was easier then -- or was it?

I have a new title for your thread. What do you think?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Life was easier then -- or was it?

I like it!