Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
I want to improve my grammar/writing skills, without using Google or a Dictionary every time. So please correct my mistakes, if you have time. Thank you very much.

The Motorbike

John loved his Motorbike. He worked overtime, saved the money for more than two years and he could finally afford it. But his wife was not so happy. She didnt feel loved anymore, because John spent his free time with his Motorbike. One day she decided to sell the Motorbike, while John was at work. So she took the Bike and drove to the customer. But on the way she collided with a bus and was heavily injured. John was informed. He cried. He couldn't believe it. He ran all the way to the repair Shop and "thank god", he thought, his Bike was alright.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I want to improve my grammar/writing skills without using Google or a Dictionary every time. So please correct my mistakes if you have time. Thank you very much.

The Motorbike

John loved to have his own motorbike. He worked overtime, saved the money for more than two years, and he could finally afford it. But his wife was not so happy. She didn't feel loved anymore, because John spent his free time with his motorbike. One day she decided to sell the motorbike while John was at work. So she took the Bike [STRIKE]and drove[/STRIKE] to the buyer. [STRIKE]customer.[/STRIKE] But on the way, she collided with a bus and was [STRIKE]heavily[/STRIKE] badly injured. John was told about the accident. [STRIKE]informed.[/STRIKE] He cried. He couldn't believe it. He ran all the way to the repair shop and; "Thank god",he thought. His Bike was alright.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

The Motorbike

John loved his motorbike. He had worked overtime, and saved the money for more than two years until he could finally afford it. But his wife was not so happy. She didn't feel loved anymore, because John spent all of his free time with his motorbike. One day she decided to sell it [STRIKE]the motorbike, [/STRIKE] while John was at work. So she took the bike and [STRIKE]drove[/STRIKE] rode it to the potential buyer[STRIKE] customer[/STRIKE]. But on the way she collided with a bus and was [STRIKE]heavily[/STRIKE] seriously injured. When John was informed, he cried. He couldn't believe it. He ran all the way to the repair shop and "thank god", he thought; his bike was alright.

Just another version.

Status
Not open for further replies.