English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Dears,

I am an English teacher and I am going to do a research on Cultural differences on the speech act of criticism. I would highly appreciate it if you could help me with my questionnaire. I really need the data to design the basic questionnaire based on English Native speakers answers for the validity of my questionnaire.
If you would like to help me Please fill in the questionnaire here :
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Preview/?sm=_2BGlvgSE33PEn97i6DjEo_2FO7AEuW5gCupi4n_2BIrrcWCY_3D
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

You can't post email addresses on this forum. If you want people to answer your questionnaire, you'll need to make it accessible online, post the link here and wait to see if anyone wants to help out.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
You'll need to make it very clear which definition of 'criticism' you are using - i) objective analysis and evaluation, or ii) purposefully denigrating someone's work, ideas, personality etc. by pointing out everything that's wrong about it.

HamideHosseini

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

You can't post email addresses on this forum. If you want people to answer your questionnaire, you'll need to make it accessible online, post the link here and wait to see if anyone wants to help out.

Thank you :)
I didn't know that. sure I will post the link.

HamideHosseini

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
You'll need to make it very clear which definition of 'criticism' you are using - i) objective analysis and evaluation, or ii) purposefully denigrating someone's work, ideas, personality etc. by pointing out everything that's wrong about it.

Actually I cannot provide a definition for criticism, people make criticism for various purposes. It can be for denigrating someone or it can be for a good cause. I think it can mean different things in different cultures and that's what I am trying to find out. One of the questions in the questionnaire is to define the word. Allow me to put the link, so you can check the questionnaire. I do appreciate your constructive comments. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If you posted it on something like SurveyMonkey, you might get more responses. Many people on forums won't download files for security reasons.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I've done the quiz.
I note you don't ask for demographics. I think you should ask for Nationality and Age group as a minimum. American teens might give very different answers to Australian oldies (like me).
But you'd know what you need.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I've answered, though I agree with Raymott that the information asked for is too general- there is nothing to break things down into groupings.

Status
Not open for further replies.