Application to European University (Motivation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatiasC

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
O

Last edited:

lovingboyck5

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Not a teacher.

Your English is really good.
I do not have the attention to discuss the writing. I just remarked to follow.
Can you share some tips to get scholarship?

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply to your Master's degree program in "Biomedical Sciences" with specialization in "Infection and Immunity", starting in October 2017. My career ambition is to become a doctor in Life Sciences oriented to solve Public Health issues.

As I have always had an enquiring mind about nature, I chose a Natural Science orientation in high school and I assisted [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in "Science Expedition", a scientific camp in South Argentina, [STRIKE]at my[/STRIKE] when I was 16 years old. After school I continued my academic career at the National University of Quilmes and graduated with a Bachelor of Biotechnology degree, [STRIKE]being part of [/STRIKE]and was placed among the top 10% of students from my graduating class. Amazed by all I had learned about molecular biology, I decided to do my thesis in the field of health, performing research in the Laboratory of Immunology and Virology, where I genetically modified a probiotic bacterium [STRIKE]to its[/STRIKE] and carried out a study of it as a vaccine. [STRIKE]During my thesis I [/STRIKE] My thesis helped me sharpen[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] my critical thinking and made me realise[STRIKE]d[/STRIKE] the potential of biotechnology to fight infectious diseases.

My passion for biomedicine and my enthusiasm for improving people's health led me to start working at the National Institute of Infectious Diseases, [STRIKE]dependant on [/STRIKE] which came under the Ministry of Health of my country, soon before my graduation. [STRIKE]This[/STRIKE] The work [STRIKE]has been[/STRIKE] was invigorating and challenging, since I took part in the development of a molecular diagnosis [STRIKE]essay[/STRIKE] method for Ebola virus during the emergency in 2014, and assisted in Dengue virus diagnosis during the 2016 outbreak in Argentina. Furthermore, this experience made me aware of the high number of people [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] who die from preventable diseases and therefore strengthened my social commitment.

I want to express my wish to be nominated[STRIKE] to[/STRIKE] for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship, since I cannot afford the costs of tuition and living. Besides, considering the full-time mode of the Master's programme, I will not be able to work while studying, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] to give all my best. I am tremendously determined to make the most out of the scholarship [STRIKE]benefits[/STRIKE].

Finally, I have chosen the UvA not only for its strong international reputation, but also because it reflects the multicultural character of The Netherlands. Moreover, with many distinguished scientists as professors and cooperation with top biomedical centres, I know the UvA provides exceptional education and research possibilities. This opportunity represents the next outstanding challenge in my life.

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your acceptance.

Status
Not open for further replies.