Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. zeppy
    Guest
    #1

    head up, drywall hanger

    What's the meaning of the red highlights? thanks for your help !

    The sheriff heading up the investigation of a North Dakota college student's disappearance said Tuesday that he doesn't think 22-year-old Dru Sjodin will be found alive.

    "It looks, at this time ... like there's no chance we're going to find Dru alive," Grand Forks County Sheriff Dan Hill told reporters. "I believe that it is more of a recovery than a rescue [mission] at this point in time."

    The interest in construction sites, he said, is based on the fact that Rodriguez was working as a drywall hanger when he was taken into custody.

  2. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: head up, drywall hanger

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy
    The sheriff heading up the investigation of a North Dakota college student's disappearance said Tuesday that he doesn't think 22-year-old Dru Sjodin will be found alive.
    The phrase heading up in that sentence means that the sheriff is leading the investigation.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy
    "It looks, at this time ... like there's no chance we're going to find Dru alive," Grand Forks County Sheriff Dan Hill told reporters. "I believe that it is more of a recovery than a rescue [mission] at this point in time."
    They are looking for a body.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy
    The interest in construction sites, he said, is based on the fact that Rodriguez was working as a drywall hanger when he was taken into custody.
    They are looking at construction sites because they think they might find a body there. Drywall hangers work with plaster to build interior walls in buildings.

    drywall
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=drywall

Similar Threads

  1. "which" as the head of a restrictive clause
    By Casiopea in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-Oct-2003, 19:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •