• Post Thanks / Like

I need a little help.....

hello every body.. i need little help...

what is the main diffrent between Present perfect and present perfect progressive....

until now i havn't understand that...

thanks...

2. sheena55ro

Re: I need a little help.....

Quote Originally Posted by HaDeL

hello every body.. i need little help...
    what is the main diffrent between Present perfect and present perfect progressive....
    until now i havn't understand that...
    thanks...
    PRESENT PERFECT PROGRESSIVE PRESENT PERFECT
    1) Recent activity: to emphasize the recency of a past activity. we often use lately or recently Example: She's been working hard recently
    2) Emphasis on the duration or length of an activity Example: Jack has been painting for 4 hours.
    3) Recently finished activity with a present result Example: I've been working in the garden, that's why my hands are so dirty.
    4) No difference in meaning. Often the present perfect progressive and the present perfect can have the same meaning. This is often the case with verbs of living, occupation or vocation) Example: I've been living in Leghorn for 3 years. OR I've lived in Leghorn for 3 years 1) Indefinite time in the past (experience). Emphasis is on the completed action at an indefinite time in the past. Example: Susan's written 3 books.
    2) Emphasis on QUANTITY Example: I've read 300 pages of Tom Smith's latest book.
    3) Duration from past to present
    Example: Peter has worked for that company for 5 years.

Here is an excellent example of the difference between the two forms when referring to duration of an activity as compared to quantity:

He's been driving for 6 hours[ Recently finished activity with a present result]. He's driven 320 miles.[up to now]

3. sheena55ro

We use the Present Perfect Continuous to show that something started in the past and has continued up until now. "For five minutes", "for two weeks", and "since Tuesday" are all durations which can be used with the Present Perfect Continuous.

EXAMPLES:

They have been talking for the last hour.
    Present Perfect Simple and Continuous

The difference is rather subtle; the Present Perfect focuses the attention of a listener on the result of an action while the Present Perfect Continuous - on the duration of an activity.

I've bought a new car (The Present Perfect). I've been buying cars for 10 years (The Present Perfect Continuous). You can earn a nice living doing it.

• Post Thanks / Like

thanks.. a lot...

actually u help my very well...

May Alluh bless u..

5. sheena55ro

You are welcome.
    I am glad whenever I can help someone.