Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    zeppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlite
    tdol

    If you can say you can speak and if you can speak you can say. :) Unless, you have a sore throat. :)
    ------------------------------------

    Could you tell me of what's the difference between "say" and " speak" ?

    ^-^

  2. #12
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy
    Could you tell me of what's the difference between "say" and " speak" ?

    ^-^
    I'm not sure what Tdol has in mind, but I am sure he will come by and explain it. As for your sentence, you don't need of there. Try:
    • Could you tell me the difference between say and speak?


    :)

  3. #13
    zeppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy
    Could you tell me of what's the difference between "say" and " speak" ?

    ^-^
    I'm not sure what Tdol has in mind, but I am sure he will come by and explain it. As for your sentence, you don't need of there. Try:
    • Could you tell me the difference between say and speak?


    :)

    yeah , plain and simple . thanks for your comments !

  4. #14
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    44,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlite
    tdol

    If you can say you can speak and if you can speak you can say. :) Unless, you have a sore throat. :)
    ------------------------------------

    Could you tell me of what's the difference between "say" and " speak" ?

    ^-^
    Saying doesn't require as much understanding as speaking,IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Help
    By zhangjin in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29-Mar-2008, 20:47
  2. how to improve English
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-Jan-2006, 19:07
  3. ENGLISH LEVEL IN KARACHI!!
    By kutekool_22 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-Apr-2004, 15:24
  4. how to improve oral English
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Mar-2004, 14:24
  5. How can i improve my english level?
    By imany in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-Apr-2003, 15:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •