Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you dream?

• Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Do you dream?

Hey Buddies,

Let's discuss about our dreams?

Do you think that dreams are connected with the real life?

Does it really mean something?

Does it indicate the future?

Does it define the person?

Does it define something, which you want to know?

Well, I am really crazy about the dreams and always wondering that why we see dreams? What it means?

According to the research I found that dream does mean something, it has the symbolic language and it is really connected with your personal life.

Experts say that “we sleep for 6 hours a day, that means that a normal human being sleep for approximately 15 years, Don’t you think 15 Years…It’s too long…

Well I thought the same way but than I calculated and I found that it’s true, and in a one night sleep, person dreams for about 4 to 5 times, well the truth is everybody dreams…even blind people dreams. Somebody might think that how a blind person can dream, let me tell you something that visual doesn’t matter. [But if a person is a blind from the child hood it’s a different story…]

I agree that we might not remember each and every dream but we do remember some of the dreams…so let’s share here and we might learn something about ENGLISH and we can surely improve our writing skills as well as the usage of Tense…
    What you think people???

~pEaCe~

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you dream?

very awesome, what a wonderful topic, ok here: I believe that dreams are connected very well with the real life ,even though I believe as well that not any dream is , there're kinds of dreams like mixed dreams I mean those dreams that one dosen't know exactly what they were dreaming.

as we sleep like 15 years, I don't think it's a long time cause you know sleep is like fuel, like time to relife so it dosn't really matter.

and maybe there're many things about dreams will still mysterious

• Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Buddy for the reply...

I am kind of person who doesn't want to limit himself...so what ever I see, I listen ...I always try to do some research on it...

The reason behind starting this topic is that Most of the people see dreams but they never discuss it out…either they are afraid of sharing or they might forget…But here on usingenglish.com we all got a “Virtual Name”…so who cares?

Let’s share share and share…anyways Sharing and Caring is always the best policy for keeping friendship long lasting…

I am interested in lot of things, like Dreams, UFO, Aliens, Remote Desktop, Hacking, Music, Movies etc…

One night I was sleeping as usual and I had a very uncommon dream. The dream was really hurting and I was shocked and woke up to see that what’s going on…?

Let me tell you something about my dream but before we start let me give a short description about my regular life or schedule, (that might help you to think something about me that what kind of person I am, It’s all about the sixth sense)

Well, I have finished my studies. I have done an Engineering and still passionate about studying more…as of now I am working as a Manager with the US based company, I work 9 hours a days and rest of the hours I spent on Internet, watching movies and sleeping…I have a bad habit that I can’t sleep without watching a movie or drama…whatever is available easily…one more thing, we have around 1200 Employee in our company….

So that day, I slept after watching a movie that was “v for vendetta”. Here the dream starts,

I live in an Apartment. I was half naked and seating in the corner with a fear in my eyes. I was terrified by someone who was standing at the other corner of the room…my entire body was shaking, and I was just searching for a way to leave…It was a dark room and the guy was standing with a weapon infront of me (I think that weapon was kind of “Hammer” – the metal hammer”)…

[I recognized the guy, he is working in our company and 30 years old…He smokes a lot and addicted by the tobacco, I hardly see/meet him once in a month, I don’t like him…he is like a geek]

The guy was starring at me with a weapon and was giving a terrible look…He was saying something which I can’t remember but his lips was moving…He was supposed to hit me hard and I saw one of my friends standing about 10 feets away from me…I called him…I was asking him for “HELP”…I was literally shouting…though I know, I can handle the guy but still I was calling one my friends to help me out with this situation…because I found that my body wasn't moving at all...

That guy finally hit me and I was feeling like half dead and was not able to move my body…

I was just trying to run but I wasn’t able to stand up……….[this dreams was uncommon because I saw a person whom I hardly know,see or meet]

That’s it!!! I don’t know about what happened next, because I opened my eyes and I had a glass of water and I went to sleep…

From that day I started doing research on this topic “DREAMS”…why we see? Is it connected with our real life?

Anyways what about your dreams??

"We all dream; we do not understand our dreams, yet we act as if nothing strange goes on in our sleep minds, strange at least by comparison with the logical, purposeful doings of our minds when we are awake."

~pEaCe~
    Last edited by nemesisage; 28-Jun-2006 at 14:30.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

• Post Thanks / Like

hey, first of all you're v welcome, you know it's very good thing not to be limited, like, this helps us nourishing our knowledge and opening our minds.

As the dream it's really scaring though a bit interesting"shakin as well ", maybe the last things we do before we go to bed are, sometimes, come and show up in our dreams, what do you think? I mean it's kinda a common thing,, happens to me as well. What I think, what comes in my dreams more, are things I concern very much about, for example, since I ride horses, it seems like I always have dreams about/of them specially if I had somthing very important to do the next day, you know like jumping or a hard trining,...etc.

Sometimes dreams just reflect our pictures and decisions about people, what do we think about a particular person and it's not necessary that thing has to be right, Imean since you don't like the guy it's normal to have a bad dream about/of him.

About me I'm not really interested in dreams you know I could barely remmber them unfortunately, but I assure you I'll tell you about one of mine as soon as possible.

By the way how're you feeling now, after the very bad dream? I hope you're ok.

the most thing I interested in is sport specially horse riding, basket ball skating...etc. I'm interseted as well in reeding and poetry, I write some actually.

thank you very much again for sharing and as you just said it's one of the best way to keep friendship. later

• Post Thanks / Like

Yeah It's been really common to see dreams...but than when It comes True...It's really amazing...I have had some of the dreams which really came true...

But there is one thing which is keep inspiring me to see the dreams about certain thing which you could not achieve but still you wonder Let's give it a shot and you keep waiting for an oppurtunity....

The Line is "Shoot for the moon even if you miss it, you will land among the stars"...this quote is keep inspiring me to do something or anything which is not at all possible...It's all about taking risk...and the biggest inspiration comes from our dreams...

I always think that how many people are gonna remember me after my death...? I just want to do something for someone in my life..

This saturday I went to a temple and I was praying to the god but than My mind wasn't really thinking about praying...because When I was parking my motorbike there was a little girl (around 10 years old) and her mom and they were begging to me and I tried to ignore them first...But when I was praying, my mind was thinking about them...and they were asking for help to each and evey body and people really ignored them so finally I came out of the temple and gave them some money...and after that I felt really Happy...that I did something good...somebody will remember me...It's all about the satisfaction...

I always had a dream that I should contribute something to the community, to the society, to my parents, to my teachers...who helped me through out the life...and when I was at temple..I just thought Let's start from here...and now I am relax and I really enjoyed...

anyways Catch ya later...

Take Care

~pEaCe~

• Post Thanks / Like

Let me share this story about a dream...I hope you will like it...

In 1883, a creative engineer named John Roebling was inspired by an idea to build a spectacular bridge connecting New York with the Long Island. However bridge building experts throughout the world thought that this was an impossible feat and told Roebling to forget the idea. It just could not be done. It was not practical. It had never been done before.

Roebling could not ignore the vision he had in his mind of this bridge. He thought about it all the time and he knew deep in his heart that it could be done. He just had to share the dream with someone else. After much discussion and persuasion he managed to convince his son Washington, an up and coming engineer, that the bridge in fact could be built.

Working together for the first time, the father and son developed concepts of how it could be accomplished and how the obstacles could be overcome. With great excitement and inspiration, and the headiness of a wild challenge before them, they hired their crew and began to build their dream bridge.

The project started well, but when it was only a few months underway a tragic accident on the site took the life of John Roebling. Washington was injured and left with a certain amount of brain damage, which resulted in him not being able to walk or talk or even move.

"We told them so."
    "Crazy men and their crazy dreams."
    "It`s foolish to chase wild visions."

Everyone had a negative comment to make and felt that the project should be scrapped since the Roeblings were the only ones who knew how the bridge could be built. In spite of his handicap Washington was never discouraged and still had a burning desire to complete the bridge and his mind was still as sharp as ever.

He tried to inspire and pass on his enthusiasm to some of his friends, but they were too daunted by the task. As he lay on his bed in his hospital room, with the sunlight streaming through the windows, a gentle breeze blew the flimsy white curtains apart and he was able to see the sky and the tops of the trees outside for just a moment.

It seemed that there was a message for him not to give up. Suddenly an idea hit him. All he could do was move one finger and he decided to make the best use of it. By moving this, he slowly developed a code of communication with his wife.

He touched his wife's arm with that finger, indicating to her that he wanted her to call the engineers again. Then he used the same method of tapping her arm to tell the engineers what to do. It seemed foolish but the project was under way again.

For 13 years Washington tapped out his instructions with his finger on his wife's arm, until the bridge was finally completed. Today the spectacular Brooklyn Bridge stands in all its glory as a tribute to the triumph of one man's indomitable spirit and his determination not to be defeated by circumstances. It is also a tribute to the engineers and their team work, and to their faith in a man who was considered mad by half the world. It stands too as a tangible monument to the love and devotion of his wife who for 13 long years patiently decoded the messages of her husband and told the engineers what to do.

Perhaps this is one of the best examples of a never-say-die attitude that overcomes a terrible physical handicap and achieves an impossible goal.

Often when we face obstacles in our day-to-day life, our hurdles seem very small in comparison to what many others have to face. The Brooklyn Bridge shows us that dreams that seem impossible can be realised with determination and persistence, no matter what the odds are.

Even the most distant dream can be realized with determination and persistence.

~pEaCe~

5. AlainK

Although you don't have to take everything in that's in it for granted, and bearing in mind that even among analysts there are several schools, here is one of the best places to start with I think :
    http://www.psywww.com/books/interp/toc.htm

• Post Thanks / Like

Oh..Yeah I agree with you...There are lot of research work available on net about dreams....just go on google.com and type "dreams" or "do dreams mean anything"...you will find lots of article about it...

~pEaCe~

• Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Do you dream?

I have paied more and more attention to all my dreams,since I was a little girl...
    Every morning, the first thing I must do is searching the explanation of my dreams...
    I'm interested it!!

• Post Thanks / Like

I recently found about a girl, who never forgets...

She used to write each and everything in the diary about her daily life and that's how she got success in remembering each and every incident about her life...I mean with day and date...that was really amazing..

You know windy, There is a connection of our life with our dreams...It indicates a lot of things...If you take it as positive...sometimes you also need to ignore it, if you had a bad dream...

I recently read an article about a couple who used see the bad dreams, The wife was preganant at that time. When she gave a birth, her child had a lot of diseases..

anyways don't forget to post your dreams here..

~pEaCe~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast