• i wan to improve my speaking skill

3 60.00%
  • i wan to improve my listening skill

1 20.00%
  • i wan to improve my writting skill

1 20.00%
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation i wan to improve my listening , speaking and writting skills

please teachers help me , i wan to improve my listening , writting and speaking skills .

aliaa Guest

Default Re: i wan to improve my listening , speaking and writting skills

Listening skill is the most important one , I means you've got to begin with it, to develop your listening skill , listen to English songs as much as you can and watch Films without reading the subtitles, this will help you a lot

Leesboek is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

I also want to improve all three of them but I think improving one's speaking skills is not so easy if you don't have anyone to practise with! Thanks to the internet, television, books, cd's and cd Roms there is much choice to practise your listening and writing skills.

Recently I found a good way to practise my listening comprehension; I've downloaded some audio books. (Never thought that this is so much fun . I've started with children's books cause the language is not too difficult in these books. There are a lot of sites were you can download books for free. You can download the text as well and read along, though I try to avoid that and try to just listen to the spoken language as much as possible.
    At the moment I'm listening to "the secret Garden", I feel like a child but I've heard that little children whose parent's read bedstories to them has a wider vocabulary, so I think it's a good thing to do!

MrPedantic is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's a good idea to start with children's books.

MrP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leesboek
    I also want to improve all three of them but I think improving one's speaking skills is not so easy if you don't have anyone to practise with! Thanks to the internet, television, books, cd's and cd Roms there is much choice to practise your listening and writing skills.

Recently I found a good way to practise my listening comprehension; I've downloaded some audio books. (Never thought that this is so much fun . I've started with children's books cause the language is not too difficult in these books. There are a lot of sites were you can download books for free. You can download the text as well and read along, though I try to avoid that and try to just listen to the spoken language as much as possible.
    At the moment I'm listening to "the secret Garden", I feel like a child but I've heard that little children whose parent's read bedstories to them has a wider vocabulary, so I think it's a good thing to do!
    I would like to know the site where I can download this audio books. Please, could anybody help me. I practice every day talking and reading but when I have to listen... it's still being horrible. Please, HELPPPP.

Leesboek is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the following links with "Google" (I typed: free audo books). There are a lot other links, some are free, some you have to pay for (I only downloaded or listened to the ones that are free).

http://www.freeclassicaudiobooks.com/

http://librivox.org/librivox-catalogue/ (click on 5. children'literature for children's audio books)

http://www.audiobooks.org/ (here you find the audio book of Robinson Crusoe and also the text of that story). There are also a lot of links to other audio books here).

http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/title.html (this is only text, no audio but maybe you can use it for reading along your audio files.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/children/books/ Here you can find (read along) children's books. They are a bit childish, as the stories are for (very) young children but because you can read along (well, most of the time) it's good practise for your listening, reading and pronounciating skills (it's Britisch English).
    Last edited by Leesboek; 30-Jun-2006 at 02:04.

MrPedantic is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition, you may be interested in these BBC News downloads and podcasts:

BBC Podcasts

All the best,
    MrP