disk Guest

Default Confussing about english

Hi,

My name is Travan. I have completed my 12th standard from Andhra Pradesh in Telugu medium. Now i want to do graduation in arts/commerce stream.
    My english grammar is worst. I want to improve my grammar. This year i will have to take admission for graduation so i was thinking, if I will take admission for English Literature in distance education. Is it possible to study. Now i am staying in Mumbai. I use the computer everyday. But i am not understanding the grammar lessonsfrom internet. If you have any suggestions for me, send me across mail as soon as possible. My e-mail id is EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

Regards,
    Travan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Confussing about english

Disk- I would advise you to NOT do English Literature

Instead- DO English Language

(Or a combination of the two)

Simply put; language will help your understanding of grammar- literature will not provide such an understanding

I cannot stress this enough, as, by undertaking a literature course, you will not develop your knowledge of linguistics- which covers grammar/syntax/phrases/clauses etc

Linguistics is the study of language- and it is explored within English Language

English Literature courses require close reading of texts and such, but does not go into the depth I think you are asking for here

So my advice to you would be to alter your course to language

Hope this helps

http://www.studentproofreader.com