Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    anhtu is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Correct it for me, please.

HOLIDAYS in VIETNAM
    In Vietnam, there are many holidays in the year and the traditional holidays are the most important. The first one is Tet holiday, the mose special holiday of the year. It is celebrated on January 1st (Vietnamese calendar). On this day, people usually prapare sweers, food, new colthes and so on... Before 2 weeks of Tet holiday, people always make flower markets in the centre of the city. Vietnamese families usually buy bunches of flowes or bowls of flowers. On New Year's Eve and New Year everybody usually goes to the pagoda to pray for the health of all members in their famaliy......

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Correct it for me, please.

the mose special- the most
    prapare sweers- prepare sweets
    colthes- clothes
    Before 2 weeks of - 2 weeks before the Tet...
    bunches of flowes or bowls of flowers- bunches or bowls of flowers
    famaliy- family

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anhtu
    HOLIDAYS in VIETNAM
    On New Year's Eve and New Year everybody usually goes to the pagoda to pray for the health of all members in their famaliy......
    The subject of your sentence is Everybody and I understand that it is a singular noun; it agrees with the verb goes ( singular) but not with the possessive their ( plural).

How about this:

On New Year's Eve and New Year many people go to the pagoda to pray for the health of all members of their family.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help (both of 2 friends: Michelle&Tdol)

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a continuing part of "Holiday in Vietnam"
    In Vietname...their family.The second holiday is on November 20th, it is Teacher’s Day. At this time, pupils and students memorize all about teachers who have great merit for students and pupils. They visit old teachers or join in celebration in old school. That is the day that old friends and teachers talk together. They also remember sad or funny stories when they were in high school or elementary school. Besides Tet holiday and Teacher’s Day, there is Moon Day. It is on August 15th which is celebrated for the kids. This is an interesting holiday which brings the children a terrific day. The kids believe that there are “Chi Hang” and “Chu Cuoi” on the moon. Therefore, many stories with these 2 characters always talk to the children. At night, their children take them to some entertainment places in city. On August 15th (Vietnamese calendar), which has the roundest moon. In addition, they have nice moon cake on that day. Each holiday has its features and brings happy times for each family in Vietnam.

Thanks for reading.

Regards.

Anhtu

Post Thanks / Like

The second ( most important ) holiday is on November 20th, (and) it is (called) Teacher’s Day.
    During this special day, pupils and students memorize all about teachers who have great merit for students and pupils ( what are you trying to say?). They visit old teachers ( retired teachers, maybe ?) or join in the celebration in old schools. That is the day that old friends and teachers talk together ( This is the day when long-time friends and teachers spend the day together) . They also remember sad or funny stories ( back at the time) when they were in high school or elementary school.
    (Another important festivity is Moon day, August 15th, which is a holiday for children ) This is an interesting holiday which brings joy and fun to the children.
    The kids ( Children) believe that there are “Chi Hang” and “Chu Cuoi” on the moon. Therefore, many stories with these 2 characters always talk to the children. ( According to our beliefs, There are two characters living on the moon; they are called “Chi Hang” and “Chu Cuoi”. Many stories concerning these characters are told to children.)
    At night, their children take them ( At night parents take their children to different entertaining places in the city like ( give examples) ) to some entertainment places in city. On August 15th (Vietnamese calendar), which has the roundest moon ( ? ).
    In addition, they ( who is they ?) have nice ( delicious) moon cakes on that day.
    Each holiday has its features and brings happy times for each family in Vietnam. ( In Vietnam, each holiday has its own distinctive features, but they all serve one purpose to bring happiness to families and people in the community.)
    Last edited by Michelle20; 19-Jul-2006 at 12:09.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Michelle very much. I think my writing has some serious problems.
    So thank you for your helps.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my opinion about "The Terminal" film.

After the finished film, I felt this film is total funny and interesting. A situation in this film is likely me when in the first time I studied English. That I couldn’t understand what people said like Mr. Navorski. He also has a creative method to study English by comparing 2 different books, the former is English and the latter is Krakozhia. After few days he could speak English better than the first time. In addition, he is a generous man who usually helps another people. For example, he helped the girl who slipped on the wet floor and his countryman who wanted to bring medicines for his father. Finally, with his good job, he could go the New York to complete his father’s dying words. He is a quite dutiful person and a good man. I can study many good things about main character - Mr. Navorski.

http://www.hollywood.com/movies/fulldetail/id/422301
    Thanks for reading.
    Reagards.
    Anhtu

Post Thanks / Like

You are welcome.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast