Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    anhtu is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Correct it for me, please.

Ok, I will write my paragraph with many mistakes for you to correct Ok . By the way, what is your English name, "Chú chim sâu". I am glad to meet you. Bye, try to upload your paragraph more and more "Chú chim sâu"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everybody!
    I am new mem in this site, I hope I learnt a lot form all you!
    Here is the first paragraph of Writing, in my view It is not so good to become a best project.
    TOPIC: STORY ABOUT BILL GATES
    I will tell you an interesting story that is Bill Gates story, Yes! He is a rich and smart man that I know. He was born in the nice day October 28, 1955. Be a child of nice man, Bill Gates is also handsome as his father, I guess. As I told you Bill Gates is a intelligent people therefore he had studied really good at his childhood; in addition he also liked and got totally interested in radio, electronic, light, pan I guess. I have been heart a lot of stories about Bill Gates who is one of the richest in the whole world and very generous. He has earned a lot of money of velunteer center; In addition he plans to give away 95% his earning when he old and gray. I really like him, in my heart, he is not only kind person but he is also very interlligent, competitive and belief. His belief in high intelligent and hard work has put him where he is today. Thank god gave Bill Gates for the earth. Supper man, Bill Gates who discovered Microsoft that is very necessary for our developing nowadays.
    Hey!
    Why no one correct it for me? hic...
    Last edited by Chú chim sâu; 04-Aug-2006 at 03:26.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anhtu
    HOLIDAYS in VIETNAM
    In Vietnam, there are many holidays in the year but the traditional holidays are the most important. The first one is Tet holiday, the most special holiday of the year. It is celebrated on January 1st (Vietnamese calendar). On this day, people usually prapare sweets, food, new clothes and so on... Two weeks before this holiday, people always make flower markets in the centre of the city. Vietnamese families usually buy bunches of flowes or bowls of flowers. On New Year's Eve and New Year everybody usually go to the pagoda to pray for the health of all members in their famaliy......

i corrected some of you misspelled words and some of your grammatical errors

Post Thanks / Like

Pleazzz correct it for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Dear all teachers&friends
    This is 2nd part of my eassay {The Terminal} (so important), I want all friends and teachers help me this assignment, please. Thanks.

1st paragraph:
    I like studying English..........................................p romise he had made to his father.

2nd paragraph:
    When Mr. Viktor Navorski (Viktor) goes to American airport to comply with all the necessary formalities to go to United States (US), but he can go to US because his visa does not acceptable to him. Therefore, he must go to the guard officer to answer some questions. He can speak a little English, so he does not understand that the guard says. For example, the guard asks, “What are you doing in the US,” Viktor answers “Yellow taxicab, please. Take me to Ramada Inn, 161 Lexington”, “Do you know anyone in New York” – “Yes”, “Who”- “Yes” and it continues many times, so language is the most barrier for him. Next, Frank Dixon who is the director of the airport at JFK says to Viktor “Your country was annexed from the inside; the republic of Krakozhia is under new leadership, it means a new government.” It means that all the flights in and out of Viktor’s country are suspended, so currently he is a citizen of nowhere. Dixon allows him to enter the International Transit Lounge...continuing

Post Thanks / Like

This is the continuing part of paragraph 2:(correct it for me please), thank you very much( because it is my final test)

Dixon allows him to enter the International Transit Lounge. He has only food vouchers, a 15 minutes prepaid calling card, a pager, an Id badge to get into BP. In addition, he cannot understand the information on the food vouchers, calling card and does not have money. Therefore, Viktor becomes desperate for money when he is in the terminal, but he earns money by to push the trolleys and he buys a small hamburger. When he watches TV, he cannot understand the information on it and he decided to study English. He is a quite creative people, he compares English book and Bulgarian book to study English. His English improves so well, and he can communicate simple conversations. Especially, he helps his fellow-countryman Milodragovich, who want to take the medicine for his father. By his little English knowledge, he solves this problem so successful. He becomes a famous person in the Terminal. I think English is a tool might not lack of our life. He makes the acquaintance of Amelia Warren, who is an air stewardess at JFK. That is right, a good turn is never lost. Finally, Amelia becomes a good friend with Viktor and she helps him go to US. He comes to NY to make his father promise, he promise he will go NY to take the Golson’s signature, who is the famous jazz in NY. In the end of the film, he comes back Krakozhia, and fulfill the promise he had made to his father.

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try correct your essay.But be minded that I have not corrected all and also re-check with the teachers for I might be wrong on some places.

Quote Originally Posted by anhtu
    This is the continuing part of paragraph 2:(correct it for me please), thank you very much( because it is my final test)
    Dixon allows him to enter the International Transit Lounge. He has only food vouchers, a 15 minutes prepaid calling card, a pager, an Id badge to get into BP. In addition, he cannot understand the information on the food vouchers, calling card and does not have money. Therefore, Viktor becomes desperate for money when he is in the terminal, but he earns money by to push the trolleys(by pushing trolleys) and he buys a small hamburger(to buy food for himself).When he watches TV, he cannot(could not)understand the information on it and he decided to study English. He is a quite creative people,(he is quite a creative person) he compares English book and Bulgarian book to study English. His English improves so well, and he can communicate simple conversations.EspeciallyI don't think there is a need for the word 'especially' here He helps his fellow-countryman Milodragovich(is it his name or name of the country?), who want to take the medicine for his father by(with) his little English knowledge, he solves this problem so successfully. He becomes a(the) famous person in the Terminal. I think English is a tool might not lack of our life.(I think English is a language which should not lack in our life) He makes the acquaintance of Amelia Warren, who is an air stewardess at JFK. That is right, a good turn is never lost. Finally, Amelia becomes a good friend with Viktor and she helps him go toto go US. He comes to NY to make his father promise(a promise to his father), he promises that he will go NY to take the Golson’s signature, who is the famous jazz in NY. In the end of the film, he comes back to Krakozhia, and fulfills the promise he had made to his father.
    Last edited by Fazzu; 05-Aug-2006 at 13:08.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fazzu totally much, I'm very happy about your post. By the way, could you correct for me the paragraph "When Mr. Viktor....International Transit Lounge". Finally, thanks for your post, great friend. Bye, have a good day.

Regards,
    anhtu

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anhtu View Post
    2nd paragraph:
    When Mr. Viktor Navorski (Viktor) goes to American airport to comply with all the necessary formalities to go to United States (US), but he can go to US because his visa does not acceptable to him.(When Mr.Viktor Navorski goes to the American airport to comply with all the necessary formalities to go United States(US), he could not go as his visa was not acceptable.) Therefore, he must go to the guard officer to answer some questions. He can speak a little English(few English words), so he does not understand that(what) the guard says. For example, the guard asks,
    “What are you doing in the US?,”
    Viktor answers, “Yellow taxicab, please. Take me to Ramada Inn, 161 Lexington”
    “Do you know anyone in New York?
    “Yes”,
    “Who?
    “Yes” and it continues many times(the response from Viktor repeats for other questions asked.) So, language is the most(a) barrier for him. Next, Frank Dixon, who is the director of the airport at JFK says to Viktor “Your country was annexed from the inside; the republic of Krakozhia is under new leadership, it means(ignore these words) a new government.” It means that(As a result,) all the flights in and out of Viktor’s country are(were) suspended, so, currently he is a citizen of nowhere. Dixon allows him to enter the International Transit Lounge...continuing...
    Dear Anhtu,
    You are always welcome.But I hope my corrections are correct.
    All the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear, Fazzu. You are totally good friend, thanks for your help. By the way, how are you today, I'm very well (your post). Have a good day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast