Anonymous Guest

Default Some feeback please

Hi :)

Any suggestions with the paragraps below?

"Having a course plan in advanced is beneficial for both students and teachers. However, I am concern with my intermediate course (level 3). I have been doing this course for two terms, but until now I had different students in each term. This means that I had to repeat grammar points and work with the characteristics of the class. I find a bit difficult to make a course plan when I do not know what students I am going to have. If I think in my last course, it is not going to be the same if the stronger people enrol which means we are talking a high level 3 and the rest of the group were a low level 3. Obviously, this will affect the course plan for next term.
    On the other hand, I do not follow a book; looking for materials in the Internet. Weekly I check the latest news and bring them to the class. It is impossible to know that in advanced, but will affect the topics, grammar, vocabulary etc…
    I would be very grateful with any suggestions for the course plan."

Many thanks,

abrilsp

abrilsp Guest

Hi again!

I would like to add the following lines, how are they?

"Though we are not talking about one to one classes they are very small groups. This gives me the opportunity of being quite flexible with them when preparing materials and always adapting the class to students necessities.
    In my opinion the course plan should be do for earlier levels, but for intermediate and advanced doing a course plan in such an earlier stage will not allow flexibility. "

Thanks again,
    abrilsp

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Some feeback please

[quote="Anonymous"]Hi :)

"
    Having a course plan in advanced is beneficial for both students and teachers.
    There seems to be something missing there. Advanced what?

However, I am concern with my intermediate course (level 3).
    Say concerned.

I have been doing this course for two terms, but until now I had different students in each term.
    Are you taking that course or teaching that course?

This means that I had to repeat grammar points and work with the characteristics of the class.
    I don't know what the characteristics of the class means, but repetition is always necessary in teaching.

I find a bit difficult to make a course plan when I do not know what students I am going to have.
    But you have to teach the same things regardless, don't you?

If I think in my last course, it is not going to be the same if the stronger people enrol which means we are talking a high level 3 and the rest of the group were a low level 3. Obviously, this will affect the course plan for next term.
    I don't understand that first sentence. Perhaps you should rewrite it as two or even three sentences.

On the other hand, I do not follow a book; looking for materials in the Internet.
    Rewrite that as two sentences. Also, please explain what you mean by "I do not follow a book".

Weekly I check the latest news and bring them to the class. It is impossible to know that in advanced, but will affect the topics, grammar, vocabulary etc…
    • Weekly, I check the latest news and bring it to the class. It is impossible to know in advance what will affect the topics--grammar, vocabulary, etc.

I would be very grateful with any suggestions for the course plan.
    • I would be very grateful for any suggestions on the course plan.