Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation out of topic.*HELP*

need some help here.its not about english.
    I AM LOST.
    i didnt select my major of study yet.I cant decide.
    I thought i will go for computer info system,but now few friends told me that after 2 yrs there will be no scope of computer info system.I cant do programming.
    i thought about software...still lost.
    i need to know that where will be computer in 2008?In which computer field we should go?that we can use at home too.(like software or web/graphic designing0I dont want to waste time.
    can anybody tell me that in which computer filed,job will be easy to find?
    bunch of thanks.
    asma

Tetsuo is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: out of topic.*HELP*

It's hard to say without knowing you.
    I'm a digital media designer since 2 months and it's really hard to find a job over here. I've to look in other countries for jobs like the UK but don't and really can't move to the country, don't whether it's fear of feeling "lost" while using a different language which isn't my mother tongue or least to move and "lost" all the friends here.
    Back to your question:
    Too many people are interested in being involved into something that have to do with computer or design, not everyone have the ability to be creative. As a software developer you need to learn programming in different "languages" like C#, VB, Java etc. depends on what you'd like to do, the same is for webdesigner you need to know the current thing about website which are "in" and why they are, same is with computer hardware, if you do not repair only you've to invent something new and something which is needed by people.
    Do be damn pessimistic you do not even have a chance in computer / graphic design or whatever to find a job. It's hard and you need to have skills with e.g. 20yrs which even a professor do not have with 40yrs. You've to be experienced and so on. I do not want to create fear within you but I don't want to lie to you like someone did to me, the realization of "no job future" it's hard but even harder after you learned what you want to learn.
    If you know you've the skills to be a creative man, do it.. found a company and start earn your own money. The same is for every other job.
    No job out there in which you can be sure to have work forever. Okay as soldier because war wouldn't stop within our lifetime.

The thing is what I really mean is: If you know for sure you good with photoshop to create a new design, you can use the new design e.g. to apply for job, maybe it's perky but sometimes a perky person wins.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: out of topic.*HELP*

well..I am kind of person who dont take risks.
    i am 24 yrs old female and have 2 veryyy young kids.Doing part time study.
    low income.no support at all.
    I think I cant go in medical profession(never study science subjects).
    so good in painting and designing but told you problem b4.
    I thought maybe computer field can secure me financially.
    i am very hard working.i dont know where should i go ?what career?

Tetsuo is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Life include risks at every time.
    COmputer / Design stuff is pretty good if you haven't learned that kind of occupation, it's great for spontaneous reactions like yours, if you don't want to learn and you know that you can deal with graphic design apply for practical training so they can see how you work, if they don't see they wouldn't let you in. The same is for repairing computers or webdesign, if they see you work, your chances are better.

Ouisch is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos090.htm for information on computer graphic design as a career choice in the US (I presume that's where you'll be working...?)

Here's the alphabetical menu so you can look up other areas of study:

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocoic.htm#C

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: out of topic.*HELP*

I had meeting with our computer science department prof.& graphic designing prof. and they both tried to convince me that "everything gonna be fine".
    But of course I'm not convinced.
    Thanks Ouisch and tetsuo for info.
    I need to talk to somebody who is in field.
    we cant live in fantasy where is everything fine and we live happily ever after.
    what do you think?