Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58
  1. #1
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    43,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Help with the forum

    We are trying to write a new guide for new members of the forum. If you have any suggestions or comments from your experience about what was good and what was bad about joining the forum and starting to use it, please share them here.

    Thank you very much

    Red5 & Tdol

  2. #2
    sheena55ro Guest

    Default Re: Help with the forum

    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    We are trying to write a new guide for new members of the forum. If you have any suggestions or comments from your experience about what was good and what was bad about joining the forum and starting to use it, please share them here.

    Thank you very much

    Red5 & Tdol
    Hi!
    It` a very good idea to which I fully subscribe.
    I had a very unpleasant surprise when a newbie contacted me on e-mail several times asking for help. It was something related to other problems [transfer of money - etc, etc.] which had nothing to do with this site dedicated to those who want to improve their knowledge of English. I told her I could not be of any help -it was something illegal and I have never had any problems with legal authorities in my country. Finally , she understood but not before warning her about what I was going to do if she would insist on that. I hope you understand what I have been trying to tell you.

    Otherwise, everything is ok and I have always enjoyed being here with you.

    If I have any ideas I will surely share to you.

    All the best,

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Help with the forum

    I'm a very new member and would like to say that I found the joining process very straightforward.

    I am very happy to be here.





    Thank you.
    Fieldmouse

  4. #4
    Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,392
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Help with the forum


  5. #5
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    43,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Help with the forum

    Quote Originally Posted by sheena55ro
    I had a very unpleasant surprise when a newbie contacted me on e-mail several times asking for help. It was something related to other problems [transfer of money - etc, etc.] which had nothing to do with this site dedicated to those who want to improve their knowledge of English.

    If you do have any problems like that, feel free to let us know so we can stop them.

    Thanks for the comments

  6. #6
    sheena55ro Guest

    Default Re: Help with the forum

    Thank you very much for your help, tdol. I hope I can manage but, if it happens again , I`ll surely ask you for help. The problem is that some newbies do not register themselves on the forum . I`ll be more careful about that in the future.
    Anyway, thanks again.

    As far as I am concerned I find this site of great help. It`s wonderful ! I like it very much because every time I post a question ,the replies come very quickly and , moreover, the answers are posted by professionals who know what they talk about and have a very good knowledge of English language.

    Although I admit I have been searching the web for some other ESL forums, I have not found another [one] like this one, yet

    You have all the reasons to be proud of your work.

    Congratulations!

  7. #7
    sheena55ro Guest

    Default Re: Help with the forum

    Quote Originally Posted by sheena55ro
    Thank you very much for your help, tdol. I hope I can manage but, if it happens again , I`ll surely ask you for help. The problem is that some newbies do not register themselves on the forum . I`ll be more careful about that in the future.
    Anyway, thanks again.
    As far as I am concerned I find this site of great help. It`s wonderful ! I like it very much because every time I post a question ,the replies come very quickly and , moreover, the answers are posted by professionals who know what they talk about and have a very good knowledge of English language.
    Although I admit I have been searching the web for some other ESL forums, I have not found another [one] like this one, yet
    You have all the reasons to be proud of your work.
    Congratulations!
    ps. Whenever I make a grammar mistake [ especially a major one], please correct me if it`s possible. Thank you very much in advance.

  8. #8
    sheena55ro Guest

    Default Re: Help with the forum

    Thank you very much for your help, tdol. I hope I can manage but, if it happens again , I`ll surely ask you for help. The problem is that some newbies do not register themselves on the forum . I`ll be more careful about that in the future.
    Anyway, thanks again.
    As far as I am concerned I find this site of great help. It`s wonderful ! I like it very much because every time I post a question ,the replies come very quickly and , moreover, the answers are posted by professionals who know what they talk about and have a very good knowledge of English language.
    Although I admit I have been searching the web for some other ESL forums, I have not found another [one] like this one, yet
    You have all the reasons to be proud of your work.
    Congratulations!

    ps. Whenever I make a grammar mistake [ especially a major one], please correct me if it`s possible. Thank you very much in advance.

  9. #9
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    43,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Help with the forum

    Thanks for that. I'll correct where necessary, but you don't make many mistakes at all.

  10. #10
    sheena55ro Guest

    Default Re: Help with the forum

    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    Thanks for that. I'll correct where necessary, but you don't make many mistakes at all.

    Thank you very much . Sorry for having posted my message several times but I dcannot find "Edit" to delete them.


    All the best

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Forum Topics on Politics and Religion
    By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-Apr-2004, 22:24
  2. This Forum
    By Beth3711 in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-Nov-2002, 20:16
  3. New! --> This Forum Released
    By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-Nov-2002, 14:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •