• Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow See if I have made some mistakes...thanks

Dear Teachers,

Please correct my passage.Give me some suggestions or comments on my mistakes.Thanks.Here comes my explanation for my art coursework:

+What is my coursework about?
    “Flowers symbolises the entire world”. Flowers are my main topic; including perfume bottles and dew.
    First of all, one should know that each and every flower that blooms on earth represents something. Let me start from the bottom of my coursework.
    Strelitzia reginae or Bird Paradise represents freedom, magnificence and also means something strange and wonderful is about to happen.
    Above the Paradise fly a butterfly-like flower. In fact it is the cross-section of a flower in purple having a perfume bottle in between. The flower in purple symbolises nobility, luxury and ambition. The perfume bottle in blue strongly resembles tranquility and calmness. Here, one message could be revealed: “There should be patience to get your aims fulfilled”.
    Above all, is the Tulip flower in red. Red Tulip declares ‘love’. From its depth comes another scent bottle in pink. At its mouth, out comes another Tulip which is in quite light red. Also, here, another message can be seen: ‘Undying love' - it shows.
    Now, the background: it is being occupied by the flower Sunflower. The reason being why my coursework is too yellowish, yellow always gives freshness and joy. Most of the petals of it have been covered with Jasmine, Hyacinth, Pansy, Lily, Daffodil, Carnation, and Magnolia flowers. Here are the meanings of those flowers:

Jasmine: Grace and elegance
    Hyacinth: Constancy
    Pansy: Modesty; pleasant thoughts
    Lily: Majesty
    Daffodil: Chivalry
    Carnation: Pride and beauty
    Magnolia: Perseverance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: See if I have made some mistakes...thanks

+What is my coursework about?
    “Flowers symbolise the entire world”. Flowers are my main topic; including perfume bottles and dew.
    First of all, one should know that each and every flower that blooms on earth represent something. Let me start from the bottom of my coursework.
    Strelitzia reginae or Bird Paradise represents freedom, magnificence which also mean something strange and wonderful is about to happen.
    Above it is the Paradise fly, a butterfly-like flower. In fact, it is the cross-section of a flower in purple having a perfume bottle in between. The flower in purple symbolises nobility, luxury and ambition. The perfume bottle in blue strongly resembles tranquility and calmness. Here, one message could be revealed: “There should be patience to get your aims fulfilled”.
    At the top, is the Tulip flower in red. Red Tulip declares ‘love’. From its depth comes another scent bottle in pink. At its mouth, out comes another Tulip which is in quite light red. Also, here, another message can be seen: ‘Undying love'.
    And finally the background, which is occupied by the Sunflower. The reason being why my coursework is too yellow, is because i think yellow always give freshness and joy. Most of its petals have been covered with Jasmine, Hyacinth, Pansy, Lily, Daffodil, Carnation, and Magnolia flowers. Here are the meanings of those flowers:
    Jasmine: Grace and elegance
    Hyacinth: Constancy
    Pansy: Modesty; pleasant thoughts
    Lily: Majesty
    Daffodil: Chivalry
    Carnation: Pride and beauty
    Magnolia: Perseverance[/QUOTE]
    i corrected your paragraph.. i hope i was able to help you..

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gracey.I am afraid the post was not posted clearly and so I am having some difficulty in searching for my mistakes,also the correction you have made.I also hope to get some suggestions from the teachers too.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

“Flowers symbolises the entire world”- symbolize
    perfume bottles- do you mean the bottles themselves of their contents? If you mean the perfume, then say 'bottles of perfume'.
    What do you mean by starting from the bottom?

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

My art course work is done in a Canvass.At the bottom of it I have drawn the flower,Strelitzia reginae.

Thanks Tdol for the two corrections.Actually I meant the perfume.