Thread: travelling

Post Thanks / Like

Question travelling

There are generally two ways of travelling. One is travelling all by oneself, the other is travelling with a travelling agency. What I am not sure is that how to express the two ways in the most accurate and correct way, like in the following circumstance:

I would like to travel by entering my name with a travelling agency instead of all by myself, as I don't know much about the place and don't want to be lost.

Please correct me of every error I made in the above sentence. Thanks a lot!

Emily, Beijing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: travelling

Quote Originally Posted by emily wong
    There are generally two ways of travelling. One is travelling all by oneself, the other is travelling with a travelling agency. What I am not sure is that how to express the two ways in the most accurate and correct way, like in the following circumstance:
    I would like to travel by entering my name with a travelling agency instead of all by myself, as I don't know much about the place and don't want to be lost.
    Emily, Beijing
    I would like to travel with a travel agency instead of all by myself, as I don't know much about the place and don't want to be lost.

DavyBCN is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Wales
      • Current Location:
      • Rwanda
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: travelling

Quote Originally Posted by emily wong
    Emily, Beijing

"Independent traveller" is a common phrase when you travel alone and make all your own travel arrangements. If the travel agent organises everything for you - flights, accommodation, tours, etc - then that is often called a "package(d) holiday" in the UK.