Post Thanks / Like

Default questioning authority?

i was asked to write an essay about " my view of the claim that questioning authority make a society stonger" i dont get what it's asking. can sobody help me define this for me please.thank you

Teia is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: questioning authority?

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor6636
    i was asked to write an essay about " my view of the claim that questioning authority make a society stonger" i dont get what it's asking. can sobody help me define this for me please.thank you
    questioning authority -- tendency to question v. [versus] current authority.
    You have the right [stated by Constitution] to put under questioning the authority`s actions and solutions whenever they don`t seem correct to you.
    You have the right to check whether or not authority goes the right way so that the society should become stronger.

Are you sad/angry or happy about the way your country is going?
    Are solutions given or found by the government/authority effective or ineffective?
    Are problems solved as they should be in your opinion?

Do you take part in actions against authority whenever you think that authority goes to a wrong direction?
    You have rights. The state Constitution says so.
    Even more importantly, laws create the duties for government in its "legal relations" with you. Does goverment adhere to all the requirements when it related to you?
    People of a country should participate in all actions made by the legal authority towards a stronger society. Efforts should be done not only by authority or goverment but also by citizens who have the right to ask if the development of their country goes well or wrong.
    The citizens` will is expressed through elections.....

I hope it helps.

See you