Default Please check my cover letter for me

Susanna Lam
    2822 Hoi Lam House,
    Hong Kong.
    Tel:
    E-mail:

Date: 11th August, 2006

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is (Name) and Iím applying for the position of a P/T Native English Teacher.

I have 5 years of teaching experience as a kindergarten teacher. I have taught children from the age of 2-6. I understand that I do not have a University teaching degree but I do have all the knowledge and skills essential to work with these children. Also at the same time Iím continuing my studies so I can get a better qualification needed for the job, hence interested in working on Weekends.

I have good communication skills with young children. I can speak fluent English and can understand some Cantonese (which is very useful when working with Chinese children). I have good PC knowledge; Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet & E-mail. Iím good with childrenís music and arts/ crafts. Also I write my own lesson plans according to the childrenís different levels and needs. My everyday lesson plans mostly include story time, song time and game time.

I have also taught English and other subjects to children up to Grade 10 level. My students enjoy my classes and I love teaching them through fun-filled activities. I am, herewith, enclosing my CV and looking forward to having an interview with you.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for further information. Thank you for taking time to consider me as Native English Teacher.

Sincerely,

Susanna Lam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check my cover letter for me

Hi fame,
    The covering letter sounds very good. There's just a couple of things I'd do to improve it:
    1. Don't mention that you don't have a university teaching degree. If they specifically need you to have one they'll say and anyway it should be on your CV if you do. The main reason for me saying that is that I've always been told that you should emphasise the positive and not the negative. Especially with it being so early in the letter, they could just read the fact that you don't have it & stop reading there. If you are studying for it, just say that. Try to avoid using negatives.
    2. Instead of the sentence starting "I am, herewith, enclosing..." I'd just say "I enclose my CV and hope to hear from you."

Hope this helps and good luck!

Fame is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check my cover letter for me

Thank you bilverstone for your advice. I also have my CV that need to be checked but because it consist of tables, i'm not able to post it hear or send attachment. any other way i can get it checked?

Thanks again.