• Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Word Frequency Tool

The download you mention looks quite good, but complicated. Could you explain a little more about the scoring you mention?
    I'm not a teacher, so please consider any advice I give in that context.

• Post Thanks / Like

There are tons of free text analysis/data mining tools available. While most are concordance tools, there are some which provide linking features. Here is one site that reviews much of what is available by category: Text Analysis Info.

You may also search for Plagiarism Tools. Some of these are free, such as CopyFind v2.6 which you can directly find with Google.

Also, if you do the search: text analysis software free, there is enough to keep you busy for a long time.
    For building a web bibliography of what’s available, enter the same search in the Ultimate Research Assistant (Ultimate Research Assistant (Web Edition)) and you will get a very complete listing of available text tools.

You may also want to remove the FREE from either/both of your searches, giving you a much wider selection of what’s out there. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know, via a private email or message.

As a now retired statistician, I have been heavily involved in developing text analysis tools, and will be happy to share some of my experience with you.

• Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I did discover that the ignore words weren't being properly ignored. Thanks for commenting on this. It appears that I was looking for them in the wrong place (on the root of the c drive). They actually existed there on my machine, but of course the installer doesn't put them there. The most recent release should have this fixed (as in the ignore lists are looked for in the location that the .exe is installed too).

I only recently noticed your comment. If you want to make comments so that I can actually see them you should report a bug on the sourceforge website at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/textstats

This way I will actually get an email that someone has reported a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2