Post Thanks / Like

Default Green Tea and Stomach Cancer

Please check my short essay!!!
    It has been stated that diet high in green tea reduce incidence of stomach cancer. Explain why one might not believe such a statement. What else would one want to know about data?
    If this statement is correct, many people in Japan are given questionnaires asking about their consumption of green tea. I know that most Japanese people love to drink green tea during and between meals; however, the stomach cancer always stand the second in Japanese death rate. Therefore, this statement might not believe. Yet, most Japanese examinee have cultural feature.
    First, Japanese people prefer to smoke. Especially Japanese male smokes a lot a day. I have heard that 30 percent of Japanese adult population smoke. The number is decreasing each year, but I think the number is still too many. Smoking, of course, does harm to human. Smoking often causes lung cancer, stomach cancer, and etc.
    Other feature is that Japanese have many chances to drink alcoholic beverages outside. Japanese has original culture that Japanese male goes to a common kind of Japanese bar for after-work drinking. People eat small dishes food and drinks sake, beer, and other alcoholic beverages.
    That is to say smoking is risk factor for stomach cancer and also an effect of alcohol intake on risk for stomach cancer. The researchers found no association between green tea intake and the risk of stomach cancer once, even if people diet high in green tea such as Japanese.

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Green Tea and Stomach Cancer

this statement might not believe.
    ...might not be believable.
    Yet, most Japanese examinee have cultural feature.
    ...features.
    Especially Japanese male smokes a lot a day
    ...in a day.
    People eat small dishes food and...
    ...small dishes, food and...
    even if people diet high in green tea such as Japanese.
    ..green tea like Japanese.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know that most Japanese people love to drink green tea...
    You may omit "people" because "Japanese" stands for people living in Japan and use "like" instead of "love" in the sentence
    The number is decreasing each year
    You'd better to say
    The number is being decreased each year

Yet, most Japanese examinee have cultural feature.
    Yet, most Japanese examinees have cultural feature.

First, Japanese people prefer to smoke

First, Japanese people prefer smoking (using of the infinitive in combination with prefer refers to a special occasion while gerund to a general statement) And I know that you're implying smoking in general

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mariadallas View Post
    It has been stated that diet high in green tea reduce incidence of stomach cancer. Explain why one might not believe such a statement. What else would one want to know about data?
    It has been stated that a diet high in green tea reduces the incidence of stomach cancer. Explain why one might disbelieve such a statment. What else would one want to know about the data?

If this statement is correct, many people in Japan are given questionnaires asking about their consumption of green tea. I know that most Japanese people love to drink green tea during and between meals; however, the stomach cancer always stand the second in Japanese death rate. Therefore, this statement might not believe. Yet, most Japanese examinee have cultural feature.
    Many people in Japan have been given questionaires asking about their consumption of green tea. I know that most Japanese people love to drink green tea during and between meals; however, stomach cancer is the second leading cause of death in Japan. Therefore, that statement might not be credible. (I am not sure what is meant by the last sentence.)

First, Japanese people prefer to smoke. Especially Japanese male smokes a lot a day. I have heard that 30 percent of Japanese adult population smoke. The number is decreasing each year, but I think the number is still too many. Smoking, of course, does harm to human. Smoking often causes lung cancer, stomach cancer, and etc.
    First, Japanese people like to smoke. Especially, Japanese males smoke a lot of cigarettes on a daily basis. I have heard that 30 percent of the Japanese adult population smokes. The number is decreasing each year, but I think the number is still too large. Smoking, of course, does harm to humans. Smoking often causes lung cancer, stomach cancer, etc.

Other feature is that Japanese have many chances to drink alcoholic beverages outside. Japanese has original culture that Japanese male goes to a common kind of Japanese bar for after-work drinking. People eat small dishes food and drinks sake, beer, and other alcoholic beverages.
    The Japanese have many choices of alcoholic beverages to drink. The Japanese male goes to a common kind of Japanese bar for after-work drinking. People eat small dishes of food and drink sake, beer, and other alcoholic beverages.

That is to say smoking is risk factor for stomach cancer and also an effect of alcohol intake on risk for stomach cancer. The researchers found no association between green tea intake and the risk of stomach cancer once, even if people diet high in green tea such as Japanese.
    Smoking is a risk factor for stomach cancer, and also alcohol intake has an effect on the risk for stomach cancer. The researchers found no association between green tea intake and the risk of stomach cancer. The intake of green tea apparently has no affect on the risk of stomach cancer.

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

RonBee,it seems I have to learn many more from you.
    Sorry Maria for correcting you wrongly.Hope you will follow RonBee's suggestions.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fazzu View Post
    RonBee,it seems I have to learn many more from you.
    Sorry Maria for correcting you wrongly.Hope you will follow RonBee's suggestions.
    Um, you need to say "much more" there. (Use "much" with noncount nouns: much tea, much water, much milk.)

Talk to you later,

~R

Fazzu is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Singapore