I logged in just now but it appeared as Guest just now. So I am sending it again.
There are several ways of greeting people. In my culture, we use different patterns to address people according to their ranks and ages. I try to divide the ways people greet each other into groups. Please see if I am right or wrong.
Group 1: formal. Used to those who are old people or senior officials.
1. A: How do you do? B: How do you do?
2. A: Nice to meet you. B: Nice to meet you, too.
3. A: Goodbye! B: Goodbye!
4. A: How are you? B: I am fine, thank you. How are you? A:I am fine, too.
5. A: Have a nice day. B: You, too.
6. A: Have a good night. B: You,too.
7. A: Have a nice weekend. B: You,too.
8. A: Take care. B: You,too.
9. A: Good luck! B: You, too.
10. It's a pleasure to meet you.
Group 2: informal. Used to those who are your friends, colleagues, neibourges, your juniors etc.
1. A: Hi! B:Hi!
2. A: How is everything? B: Good!
3. A: How is everything going? B: Good!
4. A: How is your day? B: Good!
5. A: I'll talk to you, soon. B: Bye bye.
6. A: See you! B: See you!
There are also jargons. I'd like to know what they mean.
3. What cha stayin?
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you in advance.
About the jargon.
1. Sup (What is up with you these days? What's new in your life?)
2. Wassup (Same as above)
3. What cha stayin? (I have no idea what that means. Do you mean "Whatcha sayin'?". If so, it means, what are you up to these days? What are the words you've spoken lately?)
4. Hey (Hi, Hello)
5. Yo (Hey, Hi, Hello)
6. Eh (Short for Hey)