Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 46,349
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #11
    It narrows the search, which is good after the failure of Beagle 2.

  1. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #12
    Sorry to hear about Beagle 2. Maybe the Rover will find it.

    :wink:

  2. Kamal
    Guest
    #13
    It ain't over till it's over. Mars Express will start trying to make contact with Beagle 2 starting Jan 6th. I have my fingers crossed.

  3. claude
    Guest
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Sorry to hear about Beagle 2. Maybe the Rover will find it.

    :wink:
    It might have been better if it had named 'nautilus' or 'parrot' or 'treasure', because the Rove can always get them.

    Or we can launch another explorer named "bone"...

    J/K

  4. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by claude
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Sorry to hear about Beagle 2. Maybe the Rover will find it.

    :wink:
    It might have been better if it had named 'nautilus' or 'parrot' or 'treasure', because the Rove can always get them.

    Or we can launch another explorer named "bone"...

    J/K
    Then the Beagle will find the bone?

    :wink:

    They've found iron oxide on Mars, which indicates the presence of water. Iron oxide--that's rust.

    :)


    • Join Date: Apr 2003
    • Posts: 519
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    They've found iron oxide on Mars, which indicates the presence of water. Iron oxide--that's rust.

    :)
    Won't be long before they find an old Skoda or Lada then. (British joke) ;)

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 46,349
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #17
    They were good jokes. It's about time someone made a truly awful car so they could be dusted down and retold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. skin
    By NewHope in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 30-Sep-2004, 11:12
  2. Group competition
    By marta in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2004, 17:30
  3. Vocabulary Development Strategies Discussion Group
    By will mcculloch in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-Nov-2003, 15:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •