Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: THE Importance of English Nowadays

Well... I've been teaching English and also my own language for almost 9 years. Of course I can't say that it's so long... but what I can realise is that studets are worse than they used to be... when I started and the problem doesn't seem to be only mine! I know many teachers in my country and they have the same opinion as mine! Even older teachers!!!
    Can I ask you howm many students have you got right now? And how long do you work with your students... how long do you know them? And also if you are always changing from school to school?
    However I still like my job very much!!!! And I keep on doing my best despite all the strikes that we are having right now!!! I know that some day later or earlier they will understand the importance of English!

Harry Smith is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower34 View Post
    Well... I've been teaching English and also my own language for almost 9 years. Of course I can't say that it's so long... but what I can realise is that studets are worse than they used to be... when I started and the problem doesn't seem to be only mine! I know many teachers in my country and they have the same opinion as mine! Even older teachers!!!
    Can I ask you howm many students have you got right now? And how long do you work with your students... how long do you know them? And also if you are always changing from school to school?
    However I still like my job very much!!!! And I keep on doing my best despite all the strikes that we are having right now!!! I know that some day later or earlier they will understand the importance of English!
    I have always worked in one school. But this school is a new one for me. It's my first year here and I'm given the worst classes. I mean they haven't had English regularly. It's the second month I'm teaching here and I think I have a lot to do to improve their English. I have only made them get interested in it so far. I have 15-16 students in one group. It really very hard to teach them in such large groups.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is no need to speak about the importance of English nowadays or maybe it's still actual, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Hai, i am new here. it seems that most of you talked about the importance of English. Yes, i do agree that English has become a prominant language throughout the world. Here in Malaysia, all of us know the importance of the language as because it has been our second language. English has become one of the prominant language due to its uniqueness that can connect people and it also break down a lot of boundaries and barriers that people faced.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Hai, i am new here. it seems that most of you talked about the importance of English. Yes, i do agree that English has become a prominant language throughout the world. Here in Malaysia, all of us know the importance of the language as because it has been our second language. English has become one of the prominant language due to its uniqueness that can connect people and it also break down a lot of boundaries and barriers that people faced.
    Thanks, Tiny! Any other ideas?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very important to choose the right textbooks and methods for teaching English. A lot of good textbooks are out of date and it's necessary to change everything in them. Nowadays English is very easy to learn when there is great need for it.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Fifteen students from thirty have chosen English as a final examination at high school in my class. So it shows how important English is nowadays. I'm really happy today.

Morpheus is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Harry!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it seems that English has earned its place not only in its native origins but along with the movement of globalization... A lot of implications, if one knows how to communicate in English, there is a greater chance to survive in this world. And English draws the line from the schooled and out of school. Most of our learning materials are in English and most of the media (music, movies, major news network, etc.) are in this medium... That's reality, right?

Last week, I had the chance to be an audience for this conference in Chicago and it seems that we seem to have a thin line distinguishing which English is really the one we are using... (American, British...etc) It seems pretty passive of us but it is still notable that there are sociological implications that we sometimes take for granted. So there is more meaning if we also go beyond the grammar exercises and also give our selves the "deeper" stuff..

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Congratulations, Harry!
    Thanks very much, Morpheus! Now I am thinking how to organise it. There is one way, i.e the traditional examinations. Any ideas on this matter?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast