• Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: THE Importance of English Nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    I don't know! For me it is... I have my goals in life and I think it's one of those that may help me reach them.

So you think English is one of the main tools to help you reach your goal in life. I think you aren't alone who thinls so.

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

a BIG YES!!! I'm learning intensively these days. I wish my English would be perfect(if possible).

Harry Smith is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    a BIG YES!!! I'm learning intensively these days. I wish my English would be perfect(if possible).
    My best wishes in learning English and in your private life. I can see you really consider English one of the most important things in your life. Cheers!

JULY ISABEL is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I have always worked in one school. But this school is a new one for me. It's my first year here and I'm given the worst classes. I mean they haven't had English regularly. It's the second month I'm teaching here and I think I have a lot to do to improve their English. I have only made them get interested in it so far. I have 15-16 students in one group. It really very hard to teach them in such large groups.
    I think itīs very complicated to teach a language in a group of 15-16 students and even more they can learn it in a situation like that, but when I was at school we were 30 students and we didnīt learn english at all because we were a lot. However you have the opportunity to teach them in a small group. if you want they learn it, theyīll learn, remember we progress in anythng little by little. Go ahead, perhaps it means a challenge for you and the results will be what you want to achieve.

Post Thanks / Like

A week ago we had the ceremony of the "Last Bell" for school leavers. All the teachers were given medals with their photos on them. I was given my medal for "understanding and nobleness". These two words were written under my photo. They also said one year was a very short period to learn English. But they thanked me for awakening the wish to learn English and they were full of hope to learn English in future. This episode shows how important English is nowadays. I'm proud of my students though I taught them only once a week. we had only two lessons one day of the week.
    I congratulate you on reaching these results in your students. Itīs a pity you havenīt had the opportunity to teach them more english. However you did the best. I think you feel proud of yourself and it is very important in our lives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Language Works View Post
    I teach English in Korea. When I arrived four years ago, I can say for certain there were days when the students didn't want to participate in the lesson. I think this is natural- even for some adult students.

In regards to young learners, the spectrum is wide from one student to the next. John is outgoing but craves attention. He may give wrong answers to make his classmates laugh. Jane is shy. She may be terrified of what her peers think of her. The point is, there must be a fun and interesting activity that encompasses all students in a safe environment. By safe, we are talking about a lack of inhibitions and an eagerness to participate meaningfully.

Now, all my classes are taught from computer screens or projectors (3 x 3 meter screens) connected via computers. I use flash files with an abundance of visual imagery. Lesson pace is fast. There is a Q and A game at the end (the last 10-20 minutes) that reviews lesson content. The material engages the students as a group. There are many personalities (albeit developing ones) joined together in an activity that most of them like.

Some students really despise English (for any number of reasons) while others can't get enough of it. I believe this is universal. You can say the same thing about math. I would encourage teachers to find the medium- the material and a comfortable atmosphere where all students have the opportunity to participate. In some cases this is a gargantuan task.

Please see The Language Works profile if you want a link to the flash files I use. Good Luck to all teachers and especially those with difficult students.
    On the one hand I think it is a challenge for you to teach english there. On the other hand you have a real way to teach something beacuse if you have a correct attitude and enough materials to study, your students wonīt neither feel bored nor be disappointed at having a repetitive teacher.
    Congratulations

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JULY ISABEL View Post
    I congratulate you on reaching these results in your students. Itīs a pity you havenīt had the opportunity to teach them more english. However you did the best. I think you feel proud of yourself and it is very important in our lives.
    Hi, July Isabel!
    Thank you for your kind wishes and I'm sure English is one of the most important languages for you too. You say you couldn't learn English at school as there were thirty of you in one group. So where did you learn English after all?

Veron1 is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: THE Importance of English Nowadays

A week ago we had the ceremony of the "Last Bell" for school leavers. All the teachers were given medals with their photos on them. I was given my medal for "understanding and nobleness". These two words were written under my photo. They also said one year was a very short period to learn English. But they thanked me for awakening the wish to learn English and they were full of hope to learn English in future. This episode shows how important English is nowadays. I'm proud of my students though I taught them only once a week. we had only two lessons one day of the week.
    Congratulations
    you really deserve it,Harry

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Veron1 View Post
    Congratulations
    you really deserve it,Harry

Thanks very much, Ines! And you really deserve my thanks.

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My best wishes in learning English and in your private life. I can see you really consider English one of the most important things in your life. Cheers!
    I consider English as one of my strengths. I need to build on my strengths to get ahead.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast