Here I am seeking professional help on how to teach the following sentences to my ESL learners.
1. Botak admitted stealing the motorcycles.
2. I canít stand doing these assignments
3. She loves driving.
4. Gardening is my favourite pastime.
5. He never forgot meeting his sweetheart last year.
6. I remember seeing Janie yesterday.
7. The grass needs cutting.
8. How are you getting on?
Is there any guides or rules on how to identify and differentiate the above sentences? Are there any underlying SLA theories which we can explain the above sentences?
Thank you for your opinions.
Present participle can be used as noun and adjective.
Seeing is believing.
Our country is a developing country.
Verb to BE+present participle=continuous tense
I am reading a book.
He is singing a lovely song.
He and I are playing football.
She was swimming in the river.
They were going to London.
Have a good time!