Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Does have/has?


    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 166
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    Question Does have/has?

    Hi guys,

    Please help. Which among the two sentences is correct?

    1. Does she has a dog?

    2. Does she have a dog?

    Thanks in advance.


    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 132
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: Does have/has?

    Quote Originally Posted by hlbert03 View Post
    Hi guys,

    Please help. Which among the two sentences is correct?

    1. Does she has a dog?

    2. Does she have a dog?

    Thanks in advance.
    2 is correct


    • Join Date: Jun 2006
    • Posts: 620
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: Does have/has?

    .
    "2. Does she have a dog?" is the correct sentence of the two.
    .
    .
    Additional note:
    You shouldn't use "among" when referring to only two things. The word "among" is used when there are three or more things. ;)


    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 166
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: Does have/has?

    Thanks for the help. Also, thanks Philly for correcting my english.


    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 166
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: Does have/has?

    By the way. Does this mean that whenever I use "does", I must use "have" and not "has"?

    Thanks again.

  1. Dany's Avatar

    • Join Date: Aug 2004
    • Posts: 602
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: Does have/has?

    Quote Originally Posted by hlbert03 View Post
    By the way. Does this mean that whenever I use "does", I must use "have" and not "has"?

    Thanks again.
    You've got it


    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 166
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: Does have/has?

    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    .
    "2. Does she have a dog?" is the correct sentence of the two.
    .
    .
    Additional note:
    You shouldn't use "among" when referring to only two things. The word "among" is used when there are three or more things. ;)

    In the sentence I provided that was corrected by Philly. What should be the correct word to replace "among"? Should it be "on"?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Dany's Avatar

    • Join Date: Aug 2004
    • Posts: 602
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Re: Does have/has?

    Quote Originally Posted by hlbert03 View Post
    In the sentence I provided that was corrected by Philly. What should be the correct word to replace "among"? Should it be "on"?

    Thanks in advance.
    I would say: Which of these two sentences is correct?


    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 166
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #9

    Re: Does have/has?

    Does this mean "on" is not applicable to use in that sentence? Or, can be used but not a good choice to use.

    Please advise. Thanks.

  3. Mad-ox's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 3,471
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #10

    Re: Does have/has?



    she has a dog.
    she does not have a dog.
    does she have a dog?


    among= when there are three or more.
    between= when there are two.


    madox

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The rules of have/has
    By Blabbermouth in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-May-2006, 16:12
  2. Got and have/has
    By kahhong in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-Mar-2006, 14:35
  3. about grammar have/has to and must
    By hakancan06 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-Jan-2006, 05:11
  4. Does have/has a auxiliary verb?
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-Jun-2004, 20:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •