Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Poaching is one thing, but that is just plain corrupt.

Isn't it typical to British teachers, too? I think it's typical to all countries.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Poaching students is comon, but I haven't come across fixing marks like that to get students.

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Poaching students is comon, but I haven't come across fixing marks like that to get students.

You know I really have certain difficulties in giving marks to my students because we have "5" for the best answer and "1" for the least. The other marks "4,3 and 3" are given for good, satisfactory and bad answers. That's why very often I mark them in percents. The student who gets from 80% to 100% gets "5" . In this case they can see the difference between their answer. It's very easy to give such marks in writing. I don't know what to do with their oral answers. What do you think about giving marks to students?

rupalihasmukh

Teaching English is my hobby.You'd like to know why? Because I work seven days a week and every day I have one or two lessons. I never get tired and my students study English with pleasure. If you ask me about my day off I'll gladly tell you that I'm free every day till four o'clock p.m. Any ideas?
Hi!
I'm rupalihasmukh from India.I'm a english learner.It's my dream to become fluent in english.I also want to become English teacher.Please guide me to fulfil my dream.As it is a second language for me.Thanks for your support.:-(

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You know I really have certain difficulties in giving marks to my students because we have "5" for the best answer and "1" for the least. The other marks "4,3 and 3" are given for good, satisfactory and bad answers. That's why very often I mark them in percents. The student who gets from 80% to 100% gets "5" . In this case they can see the difference between their answer. It's very easy to give such marks in writing. I don't know what to do with their oral answers. What do you think about giving marks to students?

The problem in the system in UK is rade inflation- more and more students are getting higher marks and it is becoming increasingly easy to pass exams with low marks. To counter this, marks are also issued in A Levels, the exams at the end of secondary school to give a better picture of the grade. One system I quite like is where there is a band with a descriptor and then the teacher can selcet a percentage from within that band according to how the feel about the work.

jefta956

hi there

greetings to everyone on the forum

it is intersting to see many others opinion about way to learn English

i think tahat most important is to find foreigner who speks English as his native language,that is easier learning and faster.

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi!
I'm rupalihasmukh from India.I'm a english learner.It's my dream to become fluent in english.I also want to become English teacher.Please guide me to fulfil my dream.As it is a second language for me.Thanks for your support.:-(

Hi!
In order to become a teacher of English you must work very hard. Try to read as many books as you can in the original. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Speak English as much as you can. And finally visit this forum and forums like this and discuss all your problem concerning English. I'll be very happy to halp you. Good luck!
Harry.

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
The problem in the system in UK is rade inflation- more and more students are getting higher marks and it is becoming increasingly easy to pass exams with low marks. To counter this, marks are also issued in A Levels, the exams at the end of secondary school to give a better picture of the grade. One system I quite like is where there is a band with a descriptor and then the teacher can selcet a percentage from within that band according to how the feel about the work.

As I can see we have to do a lot to improve the testing system of students everywhere in the world. The thing that more and more students are getting higher marks shows that the level of their knowledge is also high. Or maybr we must find other ways to test them. Nowadayts tests are very simple for them.

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
hi there

greetings to everyone on the forum

it is intersting to see many others opinion about way to learn English

i think tahat most important is to find foreigner who speks English as his native language,that is easier learning and faster.

If you want to know English well you have to learn three new words each day. So in a year you will know more than 1000 words. In order to speak English you need half of the words you have already learned.

rupalihasmukh

Hi!
In order to become a teacher of English you must work very hard. Try to read as many books as you can in the original. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Speak English as much as you can. And finally visit this forum and forums like this and discuss all your problem concerning English. I'll be very happy to halp you. Good luck!
Harry.
Hi!Harry
Thanks for your wonderful advice.:-D I've read nearly all your quotes I found that in real sense you want to help english learners.Why not all teachers are like you. I've studied english in my schooldays,but still I'm not good at it.I try to read as much as I can also I come across a lot of new words daily.But I'm unable to use it as I forget most of them.My Grammar is also not good.:oops:
Hope you will continue helping me.And fulfil my dream .
Rupalihasmukh

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi!Harry
Thanks for your wonderful advice.:-D I've read nearly all your quotes I found that in real sense you want to help english learners.Why not all teachers are like you. I've studied english in my schooldays,but still I'm not good at it.I try to read as much as I can also I come across a lot of new words daily.But I'm unable to use it as I forget most of them.My Grammar is also not good.:oops:
Hope you will continue helping me.And fulfil my dream .
Rupalihasmukh

I always help my students even if I am very busy. I can give you very good advice concerning your memory. It's so easy to remember words when you don't learn them by heart. Just connect these words to other words which you already know. Let's take any word: "Fantastic" for example. Don't try to remember it by repeating it over and over. It's much easier to use that word in different sentences or just make word combinations.
When I was a student I had a brilliant memory. I could learn very lond stories by heart, even 100 words a day. If you train your memory I'm sure nothing can stop you. All the best to you, my Indian friend!

Nguyen Tuyet

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I always help my students even if I am very busy. I can give you very good advice concerning your memory. It's so easy to remember words when you don't learn them by heart. Just connect these words to other words which you already know. Let's take any word: "Fantastic" for example. Don't try to remember it by repeating it over and over. It's much easier to use that word in different sentences or just make word combinations.
When I was a student I had a brilliant memory. I could learn very lond stories by heart, even 100 words a day. If you train your memory I'm sure nothing can stop you. All the best to you, my Indian friend!
uhm, learn by heart is not a good way to study words.........practising them everyday ..it is better...maybe

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
uhm, learn by heart is not a good way to study words.........practising them everyday ..it is better...maybe

Hi, Nguyen!
Where have you been all these time? Any news?

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello,i am a chinese,i like to make friend with you .May i have your information?
Thangkyou!

Hi! I'm Armenian. I'm a teacher of English. At the moment I'm living in Moscow and teaching in one of experimental schools. I'll be glad to have more information about you.
Best wishes Harry

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Experimental? In what way? ;-)

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Experimental? In what way? ;-)

First of all it's a polycultural school. The stusents of this school come from different parts of CIS. Also they can study their native language besides Russian. A special attention is paid to languages and cultural activities. I'm allowed to choose the methods of teaching myself. I can build my lessons according to students interests. That's why our lessons are always intersting. We can even change the topic on the spot. The most important thing is that they never have written hometasks. They only work on projects and speak English.

Nguyen Tuyet

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, Nguyen!
Where have you been all these time? Any news?
hi
For the time being i am very busy with my work. But when i have bare time, join the forum but not consequently. I need some advices from you??;-) ..are you willing to share your experience to teach pronunciation???:)

Nguyen Tuyet

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi! I'm Armenian. I'm a teacher of English. At the moment I'm living in Moscow and teaching in one of experimental schools. I'll be glad to have more information about you.
Best wishes Harry
How do you feel about the life in Moscow? one of Vietnamese's student was kill in Russial...and we are now very angry about this??

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
How do you feel about the life in Moscow? one of Vietnamese's student was kill in Russial...and we are now very angry about this??

Unfortunately it is happenning here in Moscow. But not only towards Vietnamese students. This year some representative of Armenia have also been killed. The govenment is trying to stop it. Moscow is a cosmopolitan city ,you know. It's full of contrasts. I have no answer for you, I am just very sorry for those killed.:cry: :cry: :cry: :-( :-( :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.