• Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I enjoy teaching English

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Poaching is one thing, but that is just plain corrupt.
    Isn't it typical to British teachers, too? I think it's typical to all countries.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Poaching students is comon, but I haven't come across fixing marks like that to get students.

Harry Smith is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Poaching students is comon, but I haven't come across fixing marks like that to get students.
    You know I really have certain difficulties in giving marks to my students because we have "5" for the best answer and "1" for the least. The other marks "4,3 and 3" are given for good, satisfactory and bad answers. That's why very often I mark them in percents. The student who gets from 80% to 100% gets "5" . In this case they can see the difference between their answer. It's very easy to give such marks in writing. I don't know what to do with their oral answers. What do you think about giving marks to students?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Teaching English is my hobby.You'd like to know why? Because I work seven days a week and every day I have one or two lessons. I never get tired and my students study English with pleasure. If you ask me about my day off I'll gladly tell you that I'm free every day till four o'clock p.m. Any ideas?
    Hi!
    I'm rupalihasmukh from India.I'm a english learner.It's my dream to become fluent in english.I also want to become English teacher.Please guide me to fulfil my dream.As it is a second language for me.Thanks for your support.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I really have certain difficulties in giving marks to my students because we have "5" for the best answer and "1" for the least. The other marks "4,3 and 3" are given for good, satisfactory and bad answers. That's why very often I mark them in percents. The student who gets from 80% to 100% gets "5" . In this case they can see the difference between their answer. It's very easy to give such marks in writing. I don't know what to do with their oral answers. What do you think about giving marks to students?
    The problem in the system in UK is rade inflation- more and more students are getting higher marks and it is becoming increasingly easy to pass exams with low marks. To counter this, marks are also issued in A Levels, the exams at the end of secondary school to give a better picture of the grade. One system I quite like is where there is a band with a descriptor and then the teacher can selcet a percentage from within that band according to how the feel about the work.

Post Thanks / Like

hi there

greetings to everyone on the forum

it is intersting to see many others opinion about way to learn English

i think tahat most important is to find foreigner who speks English as his native language,that is easier learning and faster.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rupalihasmukh View Post
    Hi!
    I'm rupalihasmukh from India.I'm a english learner.It's my dream to become fluent in english.I also want to become English teacher.Please guide me to fulfil my dream.As it is a second language for me.Thanks for your support.
    Hi!
    In order to become a teacher of English you must work very hard. Try to read as many books as you can in the original. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Speak English as much as you can. And finally visit this forum and forums like this and discuss all your problem concerning English. I'll be very happy to halp you. Good luck!
    Harry.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem in the system in UK is rade inflation- more and more students are getting higher marks and it is becoming increasingly easy to pass exams with low marks. To counter this, marks are also issued in A Levels, the exams at the end of secondary school to give a better picture of the grade. One system I quite like is where there is a band with a descriptor and then the teacher can selcet a percentage from within that band according to how the feel about the work.
    As I can see we have to do a lot to improve the testing system of students everywhere in the world. The thing that more and more students are getting higher marks shows that the level of their knowledge is also high. Or maybr we must find other ways to test them. Nowadayts tests are very simple for them.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jefta956 View Post
    hi there

greetings to everyone on the forum

it is intersting to see many others opinion about way to learn English

i think tahat most important is to find foreigner who speks English as his native language,that is easier learning and faster.
    If you want to know English well you have to learn three new words each day. So in a year you will know more than 1000 words. In order to speak English you need half of the words you have already learned.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!
    In order to become a teacher of English you must work very hard. Try to read as many books as you can in the original. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Speak English as much as you can. And finally visit this forum and forums like this and discuss all your problem concerning English. I'll be very happy to halp you. Good luck!
    Harry.
    Hi!Harry
    Thanks for your wonderful advice. I've read nearly all your quotes I found that in real sense you want to help english learners.Why not all teachers are like you. I've studied english in my schooldays,but still I'm not good at it.I try to read as much as I can also I come across a lot of new words daily.But I'm unable to use it as I forget most of them.My Grammar is also not good.
    Hope you will continue helping me.And fulfil my dream .
    Rupalihasmukh

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast