F

Fleur de mort

:-D With no one to argue with you?:-D

What did you mean?

nsR39169.gif

zhimple

Member Type
Student or Learner
my sisiter is teaching english on line:-D she's great:-D most of her students are korean:-D

Avelyn
WebMaster
Biographical Dictionary - S9.com - Biographical Dictionary contains information on 33000 notable people from ancient times to the present day.

bianca

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Swedish
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
I work in a special teaching environment, not in a school but in a prison, together with another teacher. However, this job fits me and my character like a hand in a glove. I love rules and consequences, but I am a warm person as well. Furthermore, I enjoy being surrounded by men (there are not many women there) - my experience has been that men talk less and do more. We teach our (adult) students individually (ISP) and in the classroom. They need to be approached as normal human beings, and education is a way for them to bridge the huge gap between 'indoors' and 'outdoors'. It gives them hope that there is life behind those "bars", and prompts them to channel their energy into becoming better human beings. After all, this is what education is all about. I've worked with adults most of my teaching time, but this one experience is really a challenge for me. I love it.

Last edited:

blouen

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
What did you mean?

nsR39169.gif
Fleur : I've always talked to myself. It's really a good idea to learn.
Tdol : And you're guaranteed to have an interesting conversation.
Blouen :With no one to argue with you

* I mean, no one´s going to argue with you when you talk only to yourself for, of course, we don´t start arguments with ourselves, do we?

blouen

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
I work in a special teaching environment, not in a school but in a prison, together with another teacher. However, this job fits me and my character like a hand in a glove. I love rules and consequences, but I am a warm person as well. Furthermore, I enjoy being surrounded by men (there are not many women there) - my experience has been that men talk less and do more. We teach our (adult) students individually (ISP) and in the classroom. They need to be approached as normal human beings, and education is a way for them to bridge the huge gap between 'indoors' and 'outdoors'. It gives them hope that there is life behind those "bars", and prompts them to channel their energy into becoming better human beings. After all, this is what education is all about. I've worked with adults most of my teaching time, but this one experience is really a challenge for me. I love it.
Interesting and quite risky!

nyggus

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland

I think I member that some time ago you were a little bit afraid of this new challenge (am I right?). I am happy to hear you love it! Indeed it looks a difficult but interesting task. Good luck!

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
If you enjoy teaching you'll be a very successful teacher. it doesn't matter where you teach: at school or somewhere else.

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
There is a textbook for Russian schools which is called "Enjoy English".
Of course, the textbook is for the students to enjoy learning English. But the teachers can also enjoy teaching English. And consequently they will both enjoy English and have good results. :-D

Fame

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Teaching English is very interesting but it's more intersting learning English. I mean we teachers have been working for many years and we never stop learning ourselves. While teaching we find something new, something more intersting. So when we stop teaching we stop learning. But when we stop learning we just cant teach any more. Such is the process of teaching....

I absolutely agree with you Harry. It's very true.

mdhafeezkhan

Member Type
Student or Learner
hi Mr.harry.
Good to see your mail. I have a small doubt can you please correct it..letme know whether this sentence is correct.
Micheal Jackson is my IDOL..
or
Micheal Jackson is my IDEAL..
give me the reason which one is correct and why.
Regards
hafeez

mdhafeezkhan

Member Type
Student or Learner
hi Mr.harry.
Good to see your mail. I have a small doubt can you please correct it..letme know whether this sentence is correct.
Micheal Jackson is my IDOL..
or
Micheal Jackson is my IDEAL..
give me the reason which one is correct and why.
waiting for your reply..
Regards
hafeez
just send me to my email.. mdhafeezkhan@yahoo.com

arij98

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Tunisia
Current Location
Tunisia
Hi everybody
I teach English as a foreign language to intermediate/ Upper-intermediate pupils.OUR SECOND LANGUAGE IN TUNISIA is French. personnally I prefer ENGLISH. AS a non native English teacher, I try to check my pronunciation and vocabulary using sophisticated dictionaries and other available resources and of course this wonderful forum. I think that I have an acceptable english and after all even native speakers have different accents.we were taught according to the RP English or "QUEEN English but when I WENT TO England for my training period I was exposed to a variety of accents and even one of my tutors at university used to speak about "Tunisian English"
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

trinam

Member Type
English Teacher
Yes, this question is that I want to ask, too, I am in China, I do not have many opportunities to practise English, languange environment is so important for us.
I really do not know how to speak English well and I do not know why I can not use the words I learned both in writting and speaking, could you tell us some effective way to improve our English level, Thanks.

These questions are somehow related to my problems in teaching English to my students. The problems are they don't want to practice speaking English with their friends in classes that is why their speaking is vey poor while reading and writing may pose no problems for them. In that case, as a teacher what should I do?

trinam

Member Type
English Teacher
To share some method of teaching english with other teacher in this site is really usefull. I have learnt that from Harry......interesting method;-)

I totally agree with you. By the way, could you share any of your experiences of teaching English to Vietnamese learners?

Status
Not open for further replies.