I enjoy teaching English

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPS

Member Type
English Teacher
I ,too,enjoy teaching English like Harry Smith.In fact, I love the English language so much.Im totally in love with this beautiful ,international language! I'm teaching English tuition to school students as well as to working adults.I'm not an expert at English. But I'm always trying some ways and means to improve it.I teach on English Grammar. The internet is a great resource centre to learn about English.I don't prefer my local English authors because I have spotted a lot of grammatical mistakes.
Every day, I'm learning new things.If you want to improve in this language, you need to first love the language itself.English has gripped my heart so much.I could go on and on speaking about English and its power to effect a change in anyone's life. It has changed my life dramatically! My general knowledge has improved much.I'm CRAZY about English! That's what my friends' say.

Last edited:

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
I ,too,enjoy teaching English like Harry Smith.In fact, I love the English language so much.Im totally in love with this beautiful ,international language! I'm teaching English tuition to school students as well as to working adults.I'm not an expert at English. But I'm always trying some ways and means to improve it.I teach on English Grammar. The internet is a great resource centre to learn about English.I don't prefer my local English authors because I have spotted a lot of grammatical mistakes.
Every day, I'm learning new things.If you want to improve in this language, you need to first love the language itself.English has gripped my heart so much.I could go on and on speaking about English and its power to effect a change in anyone's life. It has changed my life dramatically! My general knowledge has improved much.I'm CRAZY about English! That's what my friends' say.

I'm very happy to hear it. Do visit this site and tell me more about you teaching methods. :-D

Nguyen Tuyet

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I'm very happy to hear it. Do visit this site and tell me more about you teaching methods. :-D
To share some method of teaching english with other teacher in this site is really usefull. I have learnt that from Harry......interesting method;-)

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
To share some method of teaching english with other teacher in this site is really usefull. I have learnt that from Harry......interesting method;-)

When I succeed in some methods of teaching I always tell my friends to do so.:-D

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
For some teachers it's really very difficult to teach. They have just graduated from the university and they need someone's help. Unfortunately it's the real picture of what I know from the letters of such teachers. We have no right to forget about them. We must help them even if we are short of time. I enjoy teaching because the door of my classroom is always open for young teachers. They not only learn from me but also help me to teach better.:-D

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Today I had another letter from a teacher of English. She wanted to ask for advice. She told me that she lost her temper at the lesson and got very angry with her students whom she loved very much. I just wrote her not to worry about it. We all have difficulties and we have no right to give in because we are teachers. Our students are the best. They make us think and find new methods of teaching. I always tell them I'm very grateful to them for their being so different.

pashakumbi

Member Type
English Teacher
Teaching English is my hobby.You'd like to know why? Because I work seven days a week and every day I have one or two lessons. I never get tired and my students study English with pleasure. If you ask me about my day off I'll gladly tell you that I'm free every day till four o'clock p.m. Any ideas?

Teaching english is my hobby too but my programis different fromyours..i teach english in my classes 8 hours everyday.i teach 6 different classes.I start at 09:00 and finish teaching at 17:00.However,this makes me a little bit tired.I think you are really lucky because you don't spend as much energy as i do.

Fame

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Teaching English is very interesting but it's more intersting learning English. I mean we teachers have been working for many years and we never stop learning ourselves. While teaching we find something new, something more intersting. So when we stop teaching we stop learning. But when we stop learning we just cant teach any more. Such is the process of teaching....

Hi Harry, I agree with you whole heartedly. Some people think its just another kind of profession, something that you just have to do just because you have chosen it. And if you ask people like these the reason they have chosen to be a teacher....the answer you'll probably get is "Oh, I get more holidays." or "There's more money in it." And I totally agreet with these responses. But at the same time it is also true that you enjoy doing and not just because you have to do .......

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Teaching english is my hobby too but my programis different fromyours..i teach english in my classes 8 hours everyday.i teach 6 different classes.I start at 09:00 and finish teaching at 17:00.However,this makes me a little bit tired.I think you are really lucky because you don't spend as much energy as i do.

You work very hard and that's very interesting. When I started my teaching career I was very young and full of energy. I could work about as much as you do in your school.My only problem was I had a lot of difficulties and I myself had to overcome them. There was no experienced teacher to help me. Today I'm full of energy too. But I think it's not good to have from 6 to 8 classes a day.Four lessons a day is ok. You both enjoy teaching and you don't get tired at all. I wish you good luck in your teaching career.Cheers!

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi Harry, I agree with you whole heartedly. Some people think its just another kind of profession, something that you just have to do just because you have chosen it. And if you ask people like these the reason they have chosen to be a teacher....the answer you'll probably get is "Oh, I get more holidays." or "There's more money in it." And I totally agreet with these responses. But at the same time it is also true that you enjoy doing and not just because you have to do .......

I really enjoy teaching at school though my salary is very low. I'm giving private lessons to improve the situation. It's high time the government thought about teachers and doctord in general. If they raise our salary we'll have more free time and school will be saved. Otherwise I don't know what is going to happen to school in the nearest future. The best teachers have mostly left school. The rest are thinking of leaving soon. We must stop it.

magdalena

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
It is better to be cautious about advising people to find a foreigner to talk to in order to improve language skills....Natives come with a price tag (in various forms) or they inform you outright that they do not want to be taken advantage of. Language exchange can be a better idea. Then again I know many natives who have been living in Poland for several years and aren't interested at all in learning Polish. That's life. It is better to look for other learners who are passionate about English and willing to practise it :). Good luck!

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
It is better to be cautious about advising people to find a foreigner to talk to in order to improve language skills....Natives come with a price tag (in various forms) or they inform you outright that they do not want to be taken advantage of. Language exchange can be a better idea. Then again I know many natives who have been living in Poland for several years and aren't interested at all in learning Polish. That's life. It is better to look for other learners who are passionate about English and willing to practise it :). Good luck!

Hi, Magdalena!
Of course I agree when you say natives demand money for helping you. But all the teachers work for money nowadays. When I teach a foreigner he pays me and I'm ready to pay him for his help. The thing is that very often some native speakers who are volunteers in your country come and talk to you without any pay. I just want to say we have to use any chance to speak English. Though a lot of ESL teachers speak English in the classrooms only.
Regards Harry

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
"I enjoy teaching English". I repeat these four words over and over and they help me to have good results in teaching. When I get bored while teaching I stop it and do something interesting.
1.What do you do to make your lessons more interesting?
2.Do you really enjoy teaching or not?
3.Is teaching a job or a favourite hobby for you?

daan

Member Type
Student or Learner
i will learn and speek english but how plz tell me

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
i will learn and speek english but how plz tell me

Tell me some of your details and I can give you good advice.;-)

noni

Member Type
Student or Learner
I’m new in this thread but I would like to share some experience with you all I've read some of the posts here. yeah ! I agree with what people said mostly they're so shy and get nervous too and the most important is the environment where we reside. I think this is the main problem. the people with their poor english and how to get communicates How to overcome it? .they’re so ashamed if they speak in a wrong situation. including me ^^too. So, I need your help

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
I’m new in this thread but I would like to share some experience with you all I've read some of the posts here. yeah ! I agree with what people said mostly they're so shy and get nervous too and the most important is the environment where we reside. I think this is the main problem. the people with their poor english and how to get communicates How to overcome it? .they’re so ashamed if they speak in a wrong situation. including me ^^too. So, I need your help

Hi, Noni!
Don't pay attention to the mistakes while speaking and never be ashamed if you want to be successful in learning English. Remember only one thing: all of us make mistakes while speaking even native speakers. Can you imagine the president of the USA Mr Bush makes mistakes too but he is never ashamed.:-D

noni

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi, Noni!
Don't pay attention to the mistakes while speaking and never be ashamed if you want to be successful in learning English. Remember only one thing: all of us make mistakes while speaking even native speakers. Can you imagine the president of the USA Mr Bush makes mistakes too but he is never ashamed.:-D

I've been learning english for a long time. but I think my improvement in english is getting better and thanks for the encouragement I'll try harder from now on :-DI need to practise a lot especially in conversation. I'm too weak. ohh really !!! even the president made some mistakes. how come?

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
I've been learning english for a long time. but I think my improvement in english is getting better and thanks for the encouragement I'll try harder from now on :-DI need to practise a lot especially in conversation. I'm too weak. ohh really !!! even the president made some mistakes. how come?

For the president it's a shame. He has to be very educated not to make a single mistake 'cause so many people listen to his speeches.But in spoken English making mistakes isn't so shameful as it's more important to explain correctly what you want to say. Cheers!:)

Harry Smith

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
Who usually pronounces these words:"I enjoy teaching English."? Teachers? yes, you are right. While teaching we learn a lot of new things. That's why I want to add one more word to this thread:

I enjoy teaching and learning English.
What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.